Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 863 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
LouDminsk

Беларусь
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
love struck how to draw curved upwards wall?

Hello, community!
Can you tell me how to draw a semi-circular wall? I mean semicircular from above, that is, the top edge is curved upwards, not parallel to the bottom.

How to draw just a curved or round wall, I have seen many youtube videos. But I have not found a solution to my problem.

P.S. By the way, the second question would be how to make a semi-circular roof on this wall!
[Aug 17, 2022, 9:49:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy
Re: how to draw curved upwards wall?

Do you mean something like this?

[Aug 18, 2022, 10:13:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Or maybe like the roof in this thread?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 18, 2022, 11:11:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Workaround:
- draw a straight wall (doesn't work with curved wall)
- import a cylinder and mark it as Door/Window
- insert the cylinder in the wall at the correct elevation and size
- make the cylinder invisible (cutout will remain)

[img]https://www.mediafire.com/view/b74wryub5...urved_wall.PNG/file[/img]

Notes
- SH3D can make a curved/round/oval cut-out in a straight wall; in a curved wall the curved part will be circumscribed by a rectangular box
- most/many cylinders/circles are described as a set of straight lines; for a good result you need a cylinder that is composed of many small parts (or even a real circle); (see image for curve with angles)

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 18, 2022, 11:55:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi Hans & Emmanuel,
I've found that when 2 windows bounding boxes overlap, only one window is taken into account to cut the wall within the intersection region. Is there any simple workaround for this? Or, are there plans to merge the cutout shapes when they overlaps?
Here the green shape is used to cut the wall with the roof shape, and the buggy window is in red:

The dimension lines are there just to line out the bounding box of the green shape.
[Aug 18, 2022, 12:20:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved