Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 801 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
flavio57

Italia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
double cut out for windows

Hello everybody,

I want to insert a window on a thick wall with two different cuts on the inside of the wall and on the outside.
suppose the windows are 100x140 cm wide, on the outside I want the opening with the same dimensions. instead on the inside of the wall I want a larger opening with an offset of xx cm all around, I want to indicate the depth of this large opening

------------------------------------------
| |
--------------
| |
------------------------------------------

I managed to obtain the desired aesthetic result by creating two walls adhering to each other and inserting the window in the external wall and an opening without window in the internal wall but the solution is certainly not practical and has the defect that if I open the window it generates a unexpected cutout in the interior wall

any suggestion ? is this the object of a new feature ?

thank you in advance
Flavio
[Aug 17, 2022, 9:23:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: double cut out for windows

The only way I know of is by manually changing the cut-out. This can be done by importing your window in a furniture library using the
Furniture Library Editor. Using that editor you can modify the cut-out which is defined by a SVG path.

This Guide for SVG Path cut-outs by OKH is very helpful to get to understand how to do that. It should be possible to have multiple cut-outs before the closing "z" in the SVG path definition but you might have to read a few other sources about SVG paths.
[Aug 17, 2022, 10:52:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Not sure if this is what you are looking for:

- wall 100 cm thick
- insert windows 50 cm thick, using arrow keys
- import triangle as door/window
- triangle dimensions 50 cm wide, 50 cm thick
- insert triangle using arrow keys
- windows can be moved without windows changing thickness

see result in linked file
[url=https://www.mediafire.com/file/iwkwf6lgcbbv3of/wall_%252B_window.sh3d/file

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 17, 2022, 11:45:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
flavio57

Italia

thanks a lot for the tip.
it works almost perfectly for my needs. I tried to insert a window and a service hatch. the result is almost perfect: the simultaneous presence of the window and the service hatch causes a graphic defect, a small rectangular hatch above the service hatch. individually the window and the service hatch cut the wall correctly, if coupled they show the defect
rendering the 3d view the defect still remains
see example

any suggestions ?

thank you
Flavio

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p4fhyxtz51s5bev/wall+++window+++hatch.sh3d/file
[Aug 18, 2022, 5:33:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
flavio57

Italia
Re: double cut out for windows [solved]

Hi everyone,

I use these values for the window (width=100, Depth=25, Height=140, elevation 87) and for the hatch(Width=120, Depth=25, Height=150, elevation 87). the wall is 50 cm thick.

this way it works for my needs, see below.

thank to all for the support
Flavio

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vancslcsme8jeh...indow+++hatch#3.sh3d/file
[Aug 18, 2022, 8:17:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved