Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2391 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
decard

AU
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Missing Functions: How do i change all the existing Dimensions Font & Size?

How do i change all the existing Dimensions Font & Size?

there seems to be no way to change the text size or font for all existing Dimensions (without changing individually)
[Aug 16, 2022, 9:55:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Missing Functions: How do i change all the existing Dimensions Font & Size?

You can select all the dimension lines then increase or decrease their font size.
All the dimension lines use the font selected in the preferences panel.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 16, 2022, 6:40:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

"You can select all the dimension lines then increase or decrease their font size.
All the dimension lines use the font selected in the preferences panel."

thank you for your response.

1. most critically, just how does one select all the dimension lines (only)? (ditto rooms, walls, etc)

2. a function like Select All Rooms, Select All Walls, etc, would be helpful

3. Preferences only sets a Font. It is odd and unhelpful that a default size is not also a setting.
[Aug 18, 2022, 6:42:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Why you don't use some useful plugins like:
- Advanced Editing (which is a must)
- Select / Hide utility which I've made especially for this.
Also You could read this mini tip .
BTW Read twice my signature.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Aug 19, 2022, 10:36:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

thanks again for your reply

1. if 'Advanced Editing' plugin is "essential", WHY is not already bundled/inscluded as standard?

2. why would a new user go looking for addition Plugins, when they are still trying to learn the original app?
[Aug 20, 2022, 2:10:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

quite strange.

i ask about a simple function (select/change all Dimensions, and, as an answer, you suggest TWO extra Plugins AND a 'minitip'

thanks, but wow.
[Aug 20, 2022, 2:13:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Keep in mind that this is a free software developed by a single man, so it would be very hard for him to include every possible feature in one shot.
There are lot of requests he have to satisfy without getting any money, except the few coming from generous people who make donations, most often without requesting any feature but just to thanks the developer for what already done.

If you wish some features the program lacks, you should post it in the "Wishlist" section, and they could be added to the roadmap if they get interest by other people or the developer found them very useful.

If some people on the forum propose you plugins and tips is just to give you a way to accomplish a task for which there isn't a specific function.

Plugins are not part of the main program just because as said before the developer can't do everything by himself, in fact most plugins are developed by other people - again for free. Just to be fair: I and Dorin are two of these plugin developers, so I know what I'm talking about.
[Aug 20, 2022, 2:32:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

1. if 'Advanced Editing' plugin is "essential", WHY is not already bundled/included as standard?

Because (and not only) not all users need it.
If You look in forum You will see the majority of users are interested in "how it look" (renders, colors, shadows, lights etc.) than precision in 2D.

2. why would a new user go looking for addition Plugins, when they are still trying to learn the original app?

Correct!
A new user have to do this AFTER he discover & learn the majority of default features of this program.
From version 3 to 7 this increase in such way than I'm not able to cover all. I steel learning.

I've tell it already to someone, but I prefer to repeat:
Today You are a newbie who ask, tomorrow You will be one of the guy who give answers, advises and clever solutions.
Maybe some clever code (why not?).
Until that, take an other flower from my avatar as welcome in this free world!
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Aug 20, 2022, 7:27:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

hi there

ty for your comments; but i ask you to bear in mind that, thus far, i have not been discussing any obtuse unusual functions/features: but basic simple editing!

(how could i when i am trying to simply understand how to do normal simple editing?)

so this is NOT something that i would wait or should need to wait 1 month, 3, 6, 12, never to have or find out.

like anyone else, i would just find some other software, where, for example, i do not have to ask to find out how to simply DESELECT and item.
[Aug 25, 2022, 12:51:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

How do i change all the existing Dimensions Font & Size?

there seems to be no way to change the text size or font for all existing Dimensions (without changing individually)

i was going to include a screen shot, but appears that is not possible. i think i observed that earlier. a picture IS worth a thousand words, you know?

so an example. i want to edit a dimension and set to an exact length, as opposed to trying desperately to drag the mouse to that exact length - usually with absolutely NO success!!

a right click on the dimension brings up lots of options: everything BUT simple Edit or Set!!!!

(and btw, pressing Enter does nothing)

so i waste HOURS and HOURS trying to get all my individual dimensions to the exact length i want. usually with no success.
[Aug 25, 2022, 1:00:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved