Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2078 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
kaotiktrendz

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Change The Categories in the Menu

So I would like to rename or change the "Category" names that in the descriptions when modifying furniture or when using the furniture editor. Is there a way I can delete a couple of the existing categories and rename a few others? Thanks.
[Aug 8, 2022, 9:15:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Change The Categories in the Menu

You can change categories only for individually imported furniture or with the Furniture Library Editor for furniture libraries. The FAQ How can I create a new category of furniture? will have you give a hint.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 8, 2022, 11:18:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kaotiktrendz

So just for clarification I cannot delete a category completely from the drop down menu? I know how to import furniture and make a category for that library, but the issue is when I open a different library, that category is gone and the default categories are the only things showing.
[Aug 8, 2022, 11:57:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

In the Furniture Library Editor, there are 12 default categories at the moment and you can’t delete them. But Sweet Home 3D behaves differently: only categories containing at least one item will appear in the Category drop down list. So if you created a new category while importing a piece of furniture, but then delete the imported piece, the new category won’t appear anymore.
[Aug 9, 2022, 6:51:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kaotiktrendz

Yea I understand that the category will show in the menu if a piece of furniture is in the library under that category name. Would be nice to eventually delete the base categories that I do not use. Ive deleted the original furniture and then added the furniture I want, but I still have categories in the menu that aren't associated with any of the furniture.
[Aug 9, 2022, 8:43:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, I don't think I'll add the option to remove the 12 default categories from the Furniture Library Editor. It's just a side tool and not that important.
[Aug 9, 2022, 9:01:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved