Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 108
Posts: 108   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 75916 times and has 107 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Objets étranges en 3D

Thanks for your feedback and very happy it works for you smile

The version 7.0.2i 7.1 fixes this issue.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Mar 3, 2023, 9:14:05 PM]
[Feb 20, 2023, 3:17:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fooxeh

love struck Re: Objets étranges en 3D

I have not tested anything for quite some time and just saw this pop up.

Installed the 64 bit version of the 7.0.2.i that you linked up here.

And my old 3D files seem to all work fine again, even with the 22.11.2 AMD drivers!!! This is great :)

[Feb 20, 2023, 4:12:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LR9215

FR

Hello,

As already said to Emmanuel, this new version is working fine for me too, with both Adrenalin 22.11.2 and 23.2.1.

I didn't notice the 'full screen stutters' described by HelonMead on my side (even when moving in the 3D view, or moving objects in the 2D view)

applause Great job
[Feb 20, 2023, 4:38:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
aminor00

United Kingdom

Thanks Emmanuel!

7.0.2i also works for me with my own files and the demos.

I did notice some small "stutters" and strange white shadowing effect in the 3D View but I discovered I had left the "Overdrive" setting on "Extreme" on my gaming monitor. When I switched Overdrive back to "Normal" the shadowing went away, and the stutters seem to be much less. 3D view now doesn't seem much different from when I had a 1080Ti.

HelonMead have you got a monitor with that feature? Can you set overdrive to "Normal" or "Off"?

Otherwise I suggest you try uninstalling the AMD Adrenalin drivers using the AMD Clean Up Utility (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601) then re-install the drivers. Does that help remove the stutters?
[Feb 20, 2023, 6:20:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PavelN

Brazil

I think the problem is with the AMD Radeon (TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics, I tried it on another computer with a different video card, it's fine there.
I installed the latest AMD driver but that didn't help.
Ego adhuc vivitt
[Feb 22, 2023, 3:10:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

After some more tests, I discovered that the modifications I made to Java 3D 1.5.2 library to circumvent the bug in ADM driver didn't fix the issue.
But I won't go further to make it work with this library for the following reasons:
- the program change requires to change a DLL for which source code isn't available as far as I know, or to add an old version of JOGL compatible with Java 3D 1.5.2 which would require further testing
- Java 3D 1.5.2 is mainly used by Sweet Home 3D 32 bit where the AMD bug can be avoided by adding the SweetHome3D.l4j.ini to Sweet Home 3D installation folder, or by running Sweet Home 3D installer from the command line with the additional parameters /os.arch=x86 /j3d.version=1.6.2
- I communicated to AMD the origin of the issue which comes from a buggy implementation of glMultTransposeMatrix function. They answered that they will fix this bug in the next release of Adrenalin.

If you didn't follow me, just keep in mind that the fix in Java 3D 1.6.2a library works, and this will avoid to wait for Adrenalin update. Java 3D 1.6.2a library is installed with the version 7.0.2i and the coming version 7.1 for Sweet Home 3D 64 bit.
For Sweet Home 3D 32 bit, use the SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file or the installer additional parameters cited above, or just wait for next release of Adrenalin.

Thanks to all for your patience and your feedback smile
[Feb 22, 2023, 3:06:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
quallemalle

Thanks for the community effort of fixing and sharing the information on where the bug was located :)
[Feb 22, 2023, 6:21:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Soulbrother

Besides the AMD problematic, I will ask to all:
Is there anyone here, who has tested SH3D V7 with the new intel Arc A770 graphic-card (with intel drivers) ??
[Mar 2, 2023, 8:00:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

@Soulbrother Did you experience a similar issue with this graphic card?
[Mar 2, 2023, 1:37:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ClementiaDomingos

USA

Well, that's odd. Never saw something like this.
[Mar 3, 2023, 2:32:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 108   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved