Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 108
Posts: 108   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 77068 times and has 107 replies Next Thread
romelitzs

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Weird 3D Artifacts

I have the exact problem. I use AMD with Adrenaline driver 22.8.2, and it cannot show the 3D window. Hope AMD fix it soon
[Feb 9, 2023, 12:45:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HelonMead

Hungary

Hello dear Sweet Home 3D users.

I started using the app 2 months ago, and I loved it so far. After learning the basics, I started designing our possible new house, but my previous PC configuration was pretty poor for 3D viewing and rendering. So, last week I upgraded my PC to an AMD Radeon 6600XT/Ryzen 5700X configuration and also added 32 Gbyte Ram.

Now I'm just really sorry that I didn't run into this thread earlier. I had the same problem as many others here. With the new AMD Adrenalin drivers, neither the 2d nor 3d view works properly. The final render runs fine though. Perceived problems and renderings are available in the link bellow:

https://imgur.com/a/pNTVVVr

Work in progress renderings

Unfortunately, I can't switch back to previous working driver versions, as there are other applications that won't run with outdated drivers, and running 32 bit applications is not an option, as I had to switch to 64 bit in December because low memory problems with the actual project size.

I have read that Emmanuel Puybaret does not have the right configuration for testing and several people here have also hit a wall with AMD support, so the solution to the problem and the timeframe is completely uncertain.

At the moment I'm completely stuck and can't move forward with my project. If the situation persists for months, I would be forced to find an alternative program or replace the 6600XT with an Nvidia RTX 3600, which I really don't want to do.

I'm wondering if some kind of crowd funding could be a solution. i.e.: could we pool the money for Emmanuel to buy let say a used 6500 XT card, which is around 130-150 Euro second hand, so he could test the cause of the problem and possibly find a solution? If there are 15 of us and we only put in 10 Euros each, we would transfer the money to Emmanuel to buy a card second hand.

I hope, we will see a quick solution.

All the best,

MH
[Feb 14, 2023, 8:23:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

@HelonMead, it's a very nice proposal but I don't even have any PC box to welcome such a graphics card! My only PC is a Microsoft Surface and my main computer is an iMac.
And reading the links posted by aminor00 and LR9215 doesn't give me that much hope that it's an easy fix. Anyway, if I could try it myself, it would be nice. Would anyone here be ok to let me run some tests on their own PC with TeamViewer? I don't think I need admin rights and a new blank user account would be probably enough.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 14, 2023, 9:01:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
aminor00

United Kingdom

@HelonMead, it's a very nice proposal but I don't even have any PC box to welcome such a graphics card! My only PC is a Microsoft Surface and my main computer is an iMac.
And reading the links posted by aminor00 and LR9215 doesn't give me that much hope that it's an easy fix. Anyway, if I could try it myself, it would be nice. Would anyone here be ok to let me run some tests on their own PC with TeamViewer? I don't think I need admin rights and a new blank user account would be probably enough.

Yes, I'd be happy to help with that.

I've no idea how to private message you though. Can you email me at andrew dot minor at gmail dot com?
[Feb 14, 2023, 12:26:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Actually, I sent you a mail last week, but it probably ended in your spams. Can you check?
[Feb 14, 2023, 1:25:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
aminor00

United Kingdom

Oh! Sorry, I didn't see that.

Can you resend last weeks email please?
[Feb 14, 2023, 2:21:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
aminor00

United Kingdom

I have just installed the very latest AMD Adrenalin 23.2.1 drivers which now support the older Radeon cards, and the new 7900 series.

Unfortunately, these drivers do not fix the problem.

The change notes for this driver make no mention of any changes to OpenGL so it is not a surprise that they do not fix the problem with SH3D :-(
[Feb 17, 2023, 5:01:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tom2440

Re: Objets étranges en 3D

bonjour, j'ai le même problème avec la dernière version 23.2.1, j'ai envoyé un rapport d'erreur...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Feb 18, 2023, 11:33:05 AM]
[Feb 18, 2023, 9:58:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Objets étranges en 3D

Thanks to the remote tests that I made with aminor00 and the interesting screenshots and comments sent by LR9215, I found where the bug comes from in OpenGL AMD driver, and even better, how to fix it without waiting for AMD correction.
Please, use the version 7.0.2h, 7.0.2i, 7.1 and confirm it works for you.

[Edit: Sweet Home 3D 3D 7.1 was released on 3/3/2023]
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Puybaret at Mar 3, 2023, 9:13:00 PM]
[Feb 20, 2023, 1:25:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HelonMead

Hungary
applause Re: Objets étranges en 3D

What a great news!

I quickly downloaded and tested the new version. All previous bugs and glitches are gone and SH3D is working again with the latest 23.2.1 AMD driver.

https://imgur.com/a/VxbKxRU

The only thing I noticed is that when I move around in the 3D section, random full screen stutters appear every few seconds, but as I'm a new Radeon GPU owner, I have no basis for comparison.
In any case, this doesn't effect usability.

Thanks a lot for the quick troubleshooting. applause

HM
[Feb 20, 2023, 3:01:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 108   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved