Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 108
Posts: 108   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 75748 times and has 107 replies Next Thread
Loule

FR
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Weird 3D Artifacts

For anybody that need to use Sweet Home 3D without rollback drivers etc... It seems to be working with te DirectX Version .jnlp that you can download here : http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3D-DirectX.jnlp
Quick and easy workaround but clearly not a final solution...
[Jan 7, 2023, 4:53:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Loule

FR

After some more tests, i can confirm that another workaround is to reinstall Sweet Home 3D in 32 bits (if in 64 bits actually) and force it to use DirectX using the informations in the documentation/faq meaning in adding this file in the install directory : http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3D.l4j.ini
[Jan 7, 2023, 5:13:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
scrabko

croatia

i got a problem also. I download previous version of amd driver and program working fine but after i open to play wow it say driver outdated.I also test some other design programs like freecad and work perfect.Dont get me wrong but i think problem is in sh3d.Update this program for other drivers or you can be like those from daz studio who told me to buy nvidia graphic card.
[Jan 8, 2023, 1:25:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
quallemalle

Wow can confirm. Running on 32bit with forced DirectX renderer fixes the issue. Good find Loule!
[Jan 8, 2023, 7:26:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Soulbrother

Same issue with RX560, WIN10.
Driver-Version: 31.0.12027.7000
Dated: 20.Okt.2022

Need to test, if I can find another driver...and how to install it...
[Jan 14, 2023, 11:43:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Soulbrother

Need to test, if I can find another driver...and how to install it...

2 other drivers from AMD tested, no success.
Next I did install the 32bit version and saved the config file for using DirectX in the programms-folder.
And now it seem to work again, puhh...

I think I get me a new graphic card, the RX560 is old enough ;-)
[Jan 14, 2023, 4:58:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
aminor00

United Kingdom

I also have this problem with the latest Adrenalin 23.1.1 drivers. I have a 7900 XTX and unfortunately I cannot revert to the older, working, drivers as they do not support my hardware. So I am stuck.

I should note that I also see corrupt and missing textures in the 2D view as well.

I have successfully got the jnlp and ini file DirectX workarounds to work with the 32 bit version but unfortunately, I cannot render with Yafaray as I get a red cross after a few seconds of loading. It seems only the 64bit version will render my room. I have tried adding -Xmx768m or -Xmx1024m to the ini file but it makes no difference; I still get the red cross with Yafaray. If I increase that number above 1024 then Sweet Home 3D won't load or crashes.

I do not have any trees in my project.
[Jan 15, 2023, 8:53:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Soulbrother

2 other drivers from AMD tested, no success.
Next I did install the 32bit version and saved the config file for using DirectX in the programms-folder.
And now it seem to work again, puhh...

I think I get me a new graphic card, the RX560 is old enough ;-)

Now I´ve got the problem, that I cannot render my big house, because with 32bit version the renderer crashes.

I am really desperate, as I do not know what to do exactly as next logical steps - and not to loose many time with experimenting.... :-(
[Jan 16, 2023, 4:02:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
aminor00

United Kingdom

Also, I forgot to mention that I have sent a tech support question via the link further up in this thread, using the template text found there.
[Jan 16, 2023, 4:16:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Soulbrother

Now I´ve got the problem, that I cannot render my big house, because with 32bit version the renderer crashes.

I am really desperate, as I do not know what to do exactly as next logical steps - and not to loose many time with experimenting.... :-(

Additional Info:
I just deinstalled the V7 and installed V6.6a (64bit) and opened an older file, that was not created or saved under V7 before.
Same problem with weird lines in the 3D view...

One "simple" question:
Is that bug only with AMD cards, or is it known also with NVIDIA graphics?

In other words: If I install a NVIDIA card, should it work (with V6 and V7 and 64bit installation??)
[Jan 16, 2023, 4:17:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 108   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved