Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 108
Posts: 108   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 75774 times and has 107 replies Next Thread
nerderepso

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Weird 3D Artifacts

Same problem here: 6600XT, Adrenalin "pro" 22.Q3, SweetHome 3D v7.0.2
[Nov 7, 2022, 1:01:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Emendebal

I can confirm this issue: There are strange black lines in the 3d preview, that seem to be centered around some kind of object outside of the house model. When moving the 3dview, the black lines randomly are disappearing and reappearing, (seems to be bound to the displays refresh rate?), creating kind of like a flicker-effect.

I am on a Radeon RX5600XT, the problem appears with Adrenalin 22.10 and also 22.9. Downgrading to 22.5 indeed solved the problem for me! I will try to report to AMD too.
[Nov 9, 2022, 12:15:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
attig

UK

Same issue here and on Radeon RX5700XT. However, I don't think this issue is necessarily with AMD.

If you create a new plan from scratch it works ok with the new version of the drivers. However bringing over a file created with the previous drivers causes the artifacts. Can anyone replicate?
[Nov 10, 2022, 10:53:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
quallemalle

Cannot confirm your findings with newest drivers and new plan.
When I try to drag an asset from the left panel to the center one, it gets displayed greyish and the 3D view is showing artifacts :/
[Nov 10, 2022, 7:50:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
attig

UK

Thanks for trying. Yes, it turns out when designing the walls from scratch there are no artifacts initially. Then when adding a garage door the artifacts appear.

So it seems some elements are ok, and others aren't. Weird.
[Nov 11, 2022, 9:24:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Aadel

Bulgaria

Is Sweethome3D supposed to be used by ITs only? I cannot downgrade anything. Can this program be fixed so it works with the current version of Adrenaline (22.8.1 and higher)?
[Nov 15, 2022, 2:00:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Is Sweethome3D supposed to be used by ITs only? I cannot downgrade anything. Can this program be fixed so it works with the current version of Adrenaline (22.8.1 and higher)?
The problem is not Sweethome3D but the AMD driver. As stated a few posts before this, downgrading the driver to 22.5 seems to solve the probem.
[Nov 15, 2022, 8:55:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Even if I don't have a computer to reproduce this bug, I reported it to ADM myself in the hope I could at least get some information about its correction.
They asked to check if Sweet Home 3D is still failing with Adrenaline driver 22.11.2. So, if someone could try it and report how it works, they might try to fix their bug.
Thanks!
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 16, 2022, 9:42:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cyphorage

Just tried it on 22.11.2, still getting the same graphical issue. I tried opening both a known working file and creating a new one. I will submit another bug report to AMD for this version as well.
[Dec 16, 2022, 12:39:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
quallemalle

I wonder if there is anything we can do to speed this up :)

As far as I can tell Sweet Home 3D is using the JOGL interface to OpenGL. Is there something like a debug mode via executable parameter or logs which might point to a specific error?
Just thinking it would be sweet to provide AMD additional information besides screenshots of artifacts.
[Dec 18, 2022, 9:20:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 108   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved