Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2549 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Testing LightShapes.sh3f

Hi all,

For those who appreciate, like me, to make 3D renderings in a good definition but are not really fond of the "Add ceiling lights” default option, like in this rendering…

… Five new Light shapes have been released recently with the new Sweet Home 3D 7.0 (see this blog article).

I'd like to present here the features of these five models in this modest showcase.
I like them because they are easy to use, quick to set and render, especially with the new Yafaray renderer. Here they are:

- A double faced Light panel, visible in 3D, displayed just under the ceiling at 249 cm of elevation.
The light power is set at 1.
This double faced panel illuminates the ceiling (I barely need to show a ceiling but feel it is useful for this demonstration). As it is double-faced, note the (too) bright ceiling.

- A one faced Invisible light panel
Light power at 2 - Elevation at 249 cm - Unviewable in 3D.
Note the (too) dark ceiling this time.

- An Invisible light sphere which, instead of the usual spheres of Sweet Home 3D default catalog, can emit any kind of colors and can be resized along its 3 axes independently.
Here: Elevation = 20 cm, Height = 200 cm, Width = 140 cm and Depth = 130cm… Light power = 4
… And the sphere is colored in a discrete purple mood!

- An Invisible inward light half sphere
Set around the room. Height = 249 cm, Light power = 5
Note the (artificial) lack of shadows:

In the next picture, the same inward light half sphere is enlarged outside the room (but still at 249 cm) in order to lighten the tree outside. Light power = 14
This inward light half sphere is particularly practical to illuminate an exterior scene.

- The Mini spots
Easy to use, their default elevation places them just bellow a 250 cm high ceiling or but you can place it under any kind of object.
Light power = 40

Of course, you can mix these lights and realize much more sophisticate renderings, like many of you show in this forum. You may not be the next Leonard da Vinci, but feel free to be an artist and enjoy!
[Aug 7, 2022, 10:13:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tutmozis

Serbia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Testing LightShapes.sh3f

- A one faced Invisible light panel
Light power at 2 - Elevation at 249 cm - Unviewable in 3D.
Note the (too) dark ceiling this time.

Nice description.
I would just add, that if you rotate the panel 180 degree at Y, it will light the ceiling.
[Nov 23, 2023, 9:50:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved