Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3691 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
T_R

currently ;China
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Need Pro-Help!

Hello Forum,
Im new here and I use this fantastic Software to "build" houses who are may been extinguished soon for privat documentation only ( may one day some kids like to see it). Righ now i re-create by photos a wodden house who sits in a demolish area of Whuhan, China.
Not a lot i can use out of the libary, must create a lot items by hand and i dont have 3-D software because of my poor laptop.
Right now i like to build a living room shelve as it is. (swwet 60`).
My problem is, it has round edges and i dont find half-cylinder to create this. I used normal cylinder and tryed to "cut" with invisible boxes, dosent work. Also the shelf has a square hole i tryed with invisibel box and service hatsch- bothe dosent create a hole in the cylinder.
Who can halp me with some advice? would like to publish picture of original and so-far creation and the house, but.. i dint know how. looks like it is a big task to display the own work here, please send your advice !
May i can send pictures by email?!
Thanks to all!
----------------------------------------
Laptop : EEEPC 1201N
250GB, 2 GB Ram, Broken Display, SH3D 6.2
Behind Chines "Firewall"- NO Google Servive working at all.
Never give Up!
[Aug 4, 2022, 6:44:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Re: Need Pro-Help!

SweetHome3D is not a modelling tool. It is very difficult to model anything new unless it is very simple.

If your laptop can run SH3D, it can run Blender. some parts of blender are very hard on the computer. The kind of things you will want to model will not be hard for your laptop. So, my advice is: download, and do some tutorials on Blender.

This thread answers how to get your images displaying inside the forum using MediaFire: http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,1886

Or you can post a link to an online image. I have posted shared Google Drive links before, that people can click on and view. You are in China, so it is not clear what image hosting services you are able to use.
[Aug 4, 2022, 10:09:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T_R

currently ;China

No Googel service works at all in China. And to create an account on chines platform you need a chinese ID. I dont have. the internet restrictions for expats are higher and higher.
Never give Up!
[Aug 5, 2022, 12:38:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Maybe this works:
- draw very thin walls in the shape of your shelf, you can also make rounded corners
- set the walls to a height of a few centimetres, corresponding to the thickness of your shelf
- insert a room
- delete the walls, then export and import the room
- this should give you the desired shelf

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 5, 2022, 2:52:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

For the square hole in the shelf you can export a box with the size of the hole and import it as a staircase. This will cut the hole in the room you created after following what hansmex suggested. Then select only the room for export and it should keep the hole.
[Aug 5, 2022, 8:39:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T_R

currently ;China

@Hansmex
Wow! Vielen Dank! der Tipp ist überragend gut. Hat prima geklappt. Würde dir gerne ein Bild der ersten Lösung senden. oder vom Haus. ist ein sehr komplexes Ding da es ein Haus darstellt welches vor rund 100Jahren in China gebaut wurde. Ist mein Hobby. bin da nun 6 monate dran- und nicht fertig. Alle Informationen kommen von Fotos die ich gemacht hatte.
Never give Up!
[Aug 6, 2022, 6:32:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Sende mir deine Photo und mit deine Genehmigung werde ich es hier publizieren.
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Aug 6, 2022, 8:12:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T_R

currently ;China

@Hansmex
Vielen Dank wede ich gleich machen- 1. mail ist raus
Never give Up!
[Aug 6, 2022, 2:27:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Below you find two images T_R sent me for publication.

First a picture of the real stuff

And here is the same in SH3D

Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Aug 7, 2022, 9:46:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T_R

currently ;China

Thank you Hansmex!
Never give Up!
[Aug 10, 2022, 7:38:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved