Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3493 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Oakvalley

Norway
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
My minimalistic wish list and thanks for a perfect software!

Perfect software. Clean, fast, nice, quick and easy to start without any need to read documentation or scratch head to figure out a overbloated design and/or button/window design so typical for most software of today. Thanks for this!! Keeping it in the standard window gui design is the perfect choice, never change it. I hate new "innovative" bloaty designed programs...just tried the smartdraw....awful..ribbon interface is confusing and you loose a lot of time trying to find the right settings or buttons, not to mention all the flashy fades and gardient button design...awful..

I only have two wishes for Sweet Home 3D:

1: Be able to change the grid color. It really screams in my eyes.
I want to adjust the gray to near close to white, so it's just a subtle grid so I can focus on walls etc.

2: I want to configure the zoom option to act on my mouse wheel up-down, instead of today where the mouse wheel scrolls the work area. For that I would rather use keyarrows to scroll. Pressing ctrl+k and ctrl+shift+k takes the fun out of drawing fast and fluidly (you need two hands), but may differ from person to person of course.

Or why not having the mouse pointer change on the sheet you are working on into a hand icon and you can drag the drawing around (this of course if the hand is not touching any elements, but rather the empty paper if you understand).

One question. When I created a room (the one that measures m2) I can't delete a point if I put one too much in there. Is it possible to delete just one point after I created the room area?
[Nov 24, 2009, 2:31:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alied

Argentina
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: My minimalistic wish list and thanks for a perfect software!

2: I want to configure the zoom option to act on my mouse wheel up-down, instead of today where the mouse wheel scrolls the work area. For that I would rather use keyarrows to scroll. Pressing ctrl+k and ctrl+shift+k takes the fun out of drawing fast and fluidly (you need two hands), but may differ from person to person of course.

Wouldn't be better Ctrl+Wheel Up(Down)?
This is very common. Still a two-hand shortcut, but seems to be more ergonomic.
[Nov 30, 2009, 9:15:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved