Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2293 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
KelvinUceta

Belgium
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Nice to have "Display in Separate Window" issue

Hi all,

I'm having a "nice to have" issue, the fact is that each time I open specific SH3D file I need to reselect "Display in Separate Window", in other SH3D files I just need to do it once.

It's something I could live without but is there any config in the Home.xml file I could modify to achieve this?

Thx in advance!

Cheers from Belgium
----------------------------------------
Dubito, ergo sum

Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS
CPU: Core i9-12900K
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ghz
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6G
3D: SH3D 6.6.1 and Blender
[Jul 5, 2022, 5:27:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Nice to have "Display in Separate Window" issue

You have to leave enough space around the windows when using separate windows, otherwise SH3D will not show as intended.

I solved this by putting an empty "template" on my desktop that I open when starting a new drawing.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 5, 2022, 8:52:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KelvinUceta

Belgium

Hi hansmex,

OK I could understand that one, I'm working on 5 different projects but this happens on 1 of them, that's why I though that could be a kind of setting, somehow...

The only difference between those project is the size, 4 of the projects are around 300 KB, the one having the "issue" is 100 MB big.

Thanks very much for your time.
Dubito, ergo sum

[Jul 16, 2022, 6:04:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The program will move the detached window of the separated 3D view to another place as soon as this window isn't fully visible at screen. This avoids to place this window somewhere where you can't see it (and handle it), for example if you open your SH3D file on a computer with a smaller screen.
But this is probably too severe, it shouldn't move this window if it's partly visible. I'll fix that in a future version.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 16, 2022, 10:09:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KelvinUceta

Belgium

The program will move the detached window of the separated 3D view to another place as soon as this window isn't fully visible at screen. This avoids to place this window somewhere where you can't see it (and handle it), for example if you open your SH3D file on a computer with a smaller screen.
But this is probably too severe, it shouldn't move this window if it's partly visible. I'll fix that in a future version.

Hi Puybaret,

As I said this is not a big deal or real issue but a nice to have.

Great, thx very much for the explanation,

Grts,

Kelvin
Dubito, ergo sum

[Jul 17, 2022, 6:24:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KelvinUceta

Belgium

Decreased the size of the separate window, issue solved!

Great, thx
Dubito, ergo sum

[Jul 19, 2022, 5:36:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

In version 7.0.2, the detached 3D view will be moved (or reattached to the main window at reopening) only if it occupied less than 10% of the screen, except under macOS where the system doesn't want that the program opens a partially visible window.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 31, 2022, 7:19:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved