Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4726 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
NIMAN

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: My own home (as is)

I think I can still imagine how tabbing through the levels could, sometimes, be useful, if it was available, though.

Not currently sure how this was designed to work.

Anyway, if someone knows it is a bug and comments then i'll report it.

This shortcut list (excellent work by Véronique [Updated on July 17, 2022]): (http://www.sweethome3d.com/blog/2019/03/29/sweet_home_3d_shortcuts.html)

states:

Windows/Linux/Mac

Action
Select a level in a plan

Keyboard shortcut
Arrows ← → with the focus on tabs

Actual behaviour in SH3D (7.2) on Win 7&10:
Clicking on a level tab followed by a keyboard arrow key does not appear to do anything.

Double clicking on a level tab (obviously) displays the "Modify level" dialog. When any of "close/ok/cancel" in that dialog are then pressed and, subsequently, a left/right keyboard arrow is pressed then the other levels (but only those displayed on the same line as the level originally chosen) are stepped through.

As a note:
double clicking to activate the behaviour is inconvenient
stepping through a single line of displayed levels only makes the functionality very limited (for my use case, useless).
[Jan 24, 2024, 9:27:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

NIMAN, I can't test in Windows right now, but I see the same behaviour in Linux. The issue seems to be that on a single-click tab change the 2D plan area is auto focused. What you can do is when the 2D plan has the focus, use Shift-Tab to move the focus to the tabs, then use left/right arrows.
Next, if you have so many levels that you have more than a single row, you can use the up/down arrows to rotate through the rows as well.
[Jan 24, 2024, 3:48:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NIMAN

United Kingdom

Nice one sjb007 - that all works here too.

Not the automatic "raster scan" type effect I first expected/hoped for but could definitely be useful.

Thanks.
[Jan 24, 2024, 5:19:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved