Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2301 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Square cutout in curved walls

The problem I'm encountering is with curved walls.
When I place a round window in a wall it makes a cutout in the wall that is as round as the window. But as soon as I try to curve the wall the cutout becomes a square around the outer edges of the round window.

For testing purposes I created a circular wall. Then I took an open cylinder, exported it to an obj file and imported again as a Window. This makes a pipe that remains open when passing through a wall, as expected. When I place the imported "cylinder window" through the curved wall the cutout becomes square. Obviously I want it to remain round.

I'm pretty creative in finding solutions for such problems when creating custom objects with SH3D but this one I can't seem to resolve. I do realize the cutout calculation is much more complex for a curved wall but it should be mathematically possible, it just goes beyond my math skills.

Is there a way to have the round window cutting out a round hole in a curved wall like it does in a straight wall?
(In other words: have the cutout following the window outline in a curved wall, not a square hole encompassing the outer limits.)
[Jul 1, 2022, 8:33:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Soulbrother

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Square cutout in curved walls

Oh yes, as I work with a round room at the moment, I met the same problems.

Would be nice if there is a tipp, a workaround or a solution :-)
[Jul 16, 2022, 8:55:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved