Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 49408 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 7.0

I tried to reproduced the issue you described with a simple list of two pieces of furniture, but didn't succeed. Would there be an other condition to get this bug?

Well, I'll use french langage.

Le problème apparait au bout de la 2eme action ou en plein milieu d'un projet.
Conditions initiales :
objet1 et 2 invisibles
Actions :
objet1 rendu visible (fenetre bas gauche) et déplacement avec alt (fenetre haute droite).
objet2 rendu visible (fenetre bas gauche) impossible car c'est objet1 qui redevient invisible.
Je pense à un problème de focus persistant sur l'objet précédent.

wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 12, 2022, 9:20:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Ok, I could reproduce this issue under Windows. There's another condition: you have to press the Alt key before pressing the mouse button to drag the object.
The problem comes from the behavior of Alt key used as shortcut menu under Windows and it interferes with Sweet Home 3D shortcut used to toggle magnetism.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 12, 2022, 12:52:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

@bdfd I found a way to fix the issue you reported.

Sweet Home 3D 7.0 was released this afternoon. The portable version will be released in the coming days.
Thanks for your tests and feedback smile
[Jul 13, 2022, 9:43:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

This v7.0 works fine now !
Bravo...

wink
---
[Jul 14, 2022, 6:13:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
OhioLefty

United States

I found a glitch in v7.0 that doesn't exist in v6.6 that I have been using. In v6.6, when I use ctrl+alt+y to view 3D, it works flawlessly whether I'm using virtual visitor view or aerial view. In v7.0, it works the first time I use ctrl+alt+y but does not work again until I restart the program. I'm running Windows 10 32 bit (x86) with 32GB of RAM.

Thanks
[Jul 14, 2022, 8:51:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

I found a glitch in v7.0 that doesn't exist in v6.6 that I have been using. In v6.6, when I use ctrl+alt+y to view 3D, it works flawlessly whether I'm using virtual visitor view or aerial view. In v7.0, it works the first time I use ctrl+alt+y but does not work again until I restart the program. I'm running Windows 10 32 bit (x86) with 32GB of RAM.

Thanks

Just a little longer to see but none issue on my PC.

wink
---
[Jul 15, 2022, 7:37:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

There are individual university teachers in China who are having their film students do shot breakdowns in Sweet Home 3D. But Sweet Home 3D is too difficult to do character movement adjustment.
I spent a lot of time last month researching how to make Sweet Home 3D easier for character creation, including trying MakeHuman, but of course the version was not ideal and there were no clothes.
I also tried other software, such as
MikuMikuDance+MMDBridge plugin
VRoidStudio+PmxExport+blender
blender character plugin

With Sweet Home 3D 7.0 let MakeHuman method become the optimal solution. Thank you very much!
Of course it is better to support MikuMikuDance format, because there are many characters and it is convenient to support the simple physical fluttering effect of clothes
[Jul 15, 2022, 11:56:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

@Emmanuel I have a bit of a gripe/complaint about the plan, in tandem with the svg plan output. Now I also switched to 64 bit, so I'm not sure if that caused this, or if the rendering of plans was tweaked for 7.0, but now the plan looks much worse.

I have rooms with sections where the ceiling doesn't match the floor. i.e. there are areas that are double height. I have worked around this by having two rooms - one with just the floor and one with just the ceiling, and they can have their own unique shapes. The ceiling is now rendered a much heavier grey (translucent white?) in the SH3D plan, and completely solid in Inkscape, hiding the real floor. The overlay effect before was much more subtle, just causing a slight darkening effect of what was underneath.

The ceiling shape is also below other furniture. So my outline of the void areas is obscured by furniture which looks weird.

When a single room with both floor and ceiling is used SH3D does the "right" thing, only rendering the floor. I'm not quite sure what the "right" thing is when the ceiling is a separate room like this. Ideally it would be transparent with a dashed line, and drawn at the top layer over all the furniture.
[Jul 19, 2022, 12:28:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

@sjb007 The issue you report is not bound to 32 / 64 bit architecture, but is an effect of the bug I fixed about room drawing order. This ceiling should have been always visible to inform the user about the existence of its room just by seeing the plan. But even if half transparent, the gray used to draw such rooms might darkens too much the drawing and a lighter gray might be better as I suggested here. If needed, you may copy paste the room with its ceiling visible in a separated level that you won't view when exporting to SVG format.

Rooms are always drawn before furniture in the plan where rooms / walls / furniture / polylines / dimension lines / texts / selection outlines are drawn in this order. The plan 2D view doesn't use any algorithm able to handle hidden faces like the 3D view is able.
[Jul 19, 2022, 10:18:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

I can actually manipulate the svg directly in Inkscape, changing fill and stroke, and the Z-order. It just behaves a little funky so is a bit non-intuitive and needs a little trial and error to get the right effect.

If you saw how many levels my model already has, you would probably start backing away from the crazy person, not tell me to create more! ~53 spread over 4 rows at the moment. Yes, I have an addiction problem - tabs.

Oh to have a unified Collections/Objects tree like in Blender... wink
[Jul 19, 2022, 4:17:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved