Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1457 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Obaldius

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problem rendering zenithal photo

Hi,

When I want to render a 3D picture from above during daytime, a zenithal shot I believe it's called, sun light will flood my appartment. If I set a celing then I cannot see the inner details of my appartment. How can I take a zenithal picture without a ceiling and without sunlight coming into my appartment? thanks in advanced

[Jun 16, 2022, 6:02:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Problem rendering zenithal photo

Sorry it’s not possible at daytime.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 16, 2022, 11:53:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Obaldius

lol
[Jun 17, 2022, 8:11:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

You can eventually add a far away flat object with the same shape of your home that will project its shadow exactly above your home.
This is not exactly the same thing as having a real ceiling, but will come very close.

If your home is rectangular you can use a simple box. If the home has a complex shape it would be easier to create a floor on a new level following the underlaying perimeter and then move it in the proper location. This location depends on the latitude set on the compass and the hour of the day. Although it can be calculated using math, I think that a try and error approach works as well.

Here an example:

The same using a ceiling at 75 meters above the ground and shifted toward the sun:

If you use a ceiling you could find very hard to place the camera at the right place, in this case the Pan3dView plugin can help you because it allow to place the camera below the selected level elevation.
[Jun 17, 2022, 1:49:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved