Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1859 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
JaffH

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Looking for a 3D model of a purse

Hi to everyone. I am new to the forum. Joined because I’m looking for some help.
I just purchased a 3d printer [moderated]
My wife’s birthday is next month and I want to print a present for her. It’s going to be a cylindrical shape purse, but any other shapes will be good too. I’ve already come up with the purse handle, but can nothing do with the purse body.

I will be appreciate any help

Thanks
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 17, 2022, 7:01:35 AM]
[May 17, 2022, 4:26:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Looking for a 3D model of a purse

Search archive3d.net with duckduckgo or google using "bag site:archive3d.net" (repeat searches with purse, handbag, 'hand bag' etc.) You will find several bags where one of them might come close to what you are searching for.

Don't expect to find all bags/purses in a 'logical' category. I found a bag using the mentioned method in the 'Home Appliances' category smile

If you encounter problems: sometimes the 3ds file gives better results than the obj file. Textures will sometimes not apply correctly, especially when they are in a subdirectory. Unzip and copy all textures to the same directory as the model file. You can also import textures using SweetHome3D after importing the model.

Or create it yourself:
If the purse you are looking for is really cylindrical you can use the cylinder object. Resize it and rotate to fit what you need. Apply a texture and add the handle. Zooming in to the max gives you the chance to place objects to the millimeter using the arrow keys.
If the purse needs rounded sides you can add spheres to the ends, partly sunk in the cylinder.
[May 17, 2022, 8:21:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JaffH

United States
Re: Looking for a 3D model of a purse

Thanks a lot. https://archive3d.net/ really has lots of staff. I was thinking to model it myself. But, I don't have much 3d modeling experience. Looking for a good tutorial on youtube
[May 19, 2022, 9:41:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved