Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2639 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to create opening doors

Is there a tutorial or help file on how to create a door that can be opened?

I am trying to create a swing door with a round window and push plates that swings both ways. Doors like you sometimes see in restaurants between the kitchen and dining room so personnel can push the door open with their back while they have their hands full and see through the little window if there's no one on the other side blocking the entrance.

I found the sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge prefix and the door part is opening like I want but the window and push plates stay in place although they too have the sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge prefix.

Currently the frame is and export from part of an existing door and the door itself is an export of a wall with the window and boxes used to create the push plates. On itself it looks great but the opening doesn't work as expected, at least not on parts of the door.
[May 12, 2022, 3:59:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy
Re: How to create opening doors

I never tried it, but looking at a working door, I think you should add a common identifier after the prefix, and then add a different suffix for each node.
For example you should:
- name the pivot "sweethome3d_hinge_1",
- name the door as "sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_door",
- the handle as "sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_handle",
- the glass as "sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_glass",
- and so on...

Also, looking at the code, I think the identifiers must be integers, in sequence, and starting from 1, otherwise it could not work.
[May 12, 2022, 5:29:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Well, google is faster than me, a quick search brought me here:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,8704_offset,8
[May 12, 2022, 5:39:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The added number did the trick.
I knew there was something written about the hinges but I couldn't find it. Fortunately you pointed it out to me!

I now have exactly the door as I intended it to be, with a window that still is a see-through window. I create a lot of custom furniture but until now I never needed openings.

Thank you!
[May 12, 2022, 5:51:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved