Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1340 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Dimitris456

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Small Icons, small fonts, wrong furniture icons on top view

Hello
Just found this excellent software. Very good work.

In my system any version after 5,1 are slow, on 2D and 3D view. Takes 1 second to redraw.

My Computer:
Operating system: MX Linux 19,4 (Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster))
CPU: Intel Core i5 750 2,67Ghz, 4 cores, 4 threads
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics: Nvidia GTS-250, Dual monitor, resolution 1440x900 on each monitor

So i am going to use the SH3S 5,1 portable edition.

Is there any way to enlarge the user interface with some option? The controls are very small.

Is there any way to set the font and size of user interface? The letter are unreadable.

The furniture icons using top view, displeyed wrong. Appeared only a small portion of furniture. Any way to fix that?

Thanks
[May 1, 2022, 7:37:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Small Icons, small fonts, wrong furniture icons on top view

The ability to change the scale of the user interface appeared in version 5.2 so I fear you’ll have to find another way. Maybe you could try the Jar executable version with an older version of Java, like the version 8u60 which was bundled with Sweet Home 3D 5.1.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 1, 2022, 9:25:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dimitris456

Thank for the replay smile

I tried the jar executable version, i have the same performance.

And if i install previous java on my system the furniture icons using top view will start to appear wrong again.

So, i have no other choice.

I am going to use the last 6.6 edition.

Slow 2D view, slow visitor view, but fast 3D view.

I believe this is because i use the open source drivers of my nvidia graphic card. I don't want to install the proprietary drivers from nvidia.
[May 1, 2022, 10:54:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dimitris456

I found that if in preferences disable the grid option there is a very big improvement in 2D and Visitor Views.
[May 3, 2022, 8:14:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dimitris456

How i can run the Jar executable version with this options?

-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=1.3 -Dswing.defaultlaf=javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel -Dswing.plaf.metal.controlFont=Arial-Bold-13 -Dswing.plaf.metal.userFont=Arial-Bold-13 -Dswing.plaf.metal.systemFont=Arial-Bold-13 -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer.highQuality.shininessShader=glossy

Thanks smile

The ability to change the scale of the user interface appeared in version 5.2 so I fear you’ll have to find another way. Maybe you could try the Jar executable version with an older version of Java, like the version 8u60 which was bundled with Sweet Home 3D 5.1.

[May 4, 2022, 1:29:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You have to specify the -D... parameters before the -jar option. Something of the following form:
java -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=1.3 -Dswing.defaultlaf=javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel -Dswing.plaf.metal.controlFont=Arial-Bold-13 -Dswing.plaf.metal.userFont=Arial-Bold-13 -Dswing.plaf.metal.systemFont=Arial-Bold-13 -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer.highQuality.shininessShader=glossy -jar /path/to/SweetHome3D-6.6.jar

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 4, 2022, 3:30:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dimitris456

I tried it.

SH3D seems to work correctly but in the terminal appeared this message.

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred WARNING: Illegal reflective access by javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline (file:/home/user/SweetHome3D/SweetHome3D-6.6.jar) to method sun.awt.AppContext.getAppContext() WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Is this a problem?
[May 4, 2022, 8:09:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved