Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4164 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Boca458

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Default fill when creating a room

Hi,

new user here!

Enjoying using SweetHome 6.2 on Linux Mint 20.1.

When I create a room, the default fill is dark grey; how do change this to "no fill" ( I have tried "painting the floor with no fill" but that didn't seem to work.

Can anyone help please?
[Mar 5, 2022, 1:08:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Boca458

Re: Default fill when creating a room

I found that I can do this using Modify Rooms in online v6.6 of SH3...
This feature does not seem to work in locally installed v6.6 of the programme.
[Mar 6, 2022, 9:14:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Re: Default fill when creating a room

In the installed version use the "Display floor" checkbox in the "Modify room..." dialog box to make the floor invisible. The room still appears in the plan. You can seperately display a ceiling, and double-clicking the room will create walls. You just won't have anything in the 3D view.
If you want the room to be transparent in the plan you can create a transparent png, then import it as a texture and assign to the floor. This will apppear unfilled in the plan, but solid in the 3D view. If you try using "Display floor" to hide the floor, then the room outline will revert back to grey.
I don't know if any of this exactly achieves what you want, but maybe it helps.
[Mar 8, 2022, 5:45:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved