Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1216 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
burgermeister

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Reducing the canvas / plan size to fit the house

Is there a way to reduce the plan size to fit around the house?

Somehow, while attempting to do a 3D walkthrough, the plan size expanded from about 3 acres to something roughly 4 square miles. It is very difficult to find the house in all that.

I'd love to get it back to the 3 acres ...
[Jan 28, 2022, 12:30:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Reducing the canvas / plan size to fit the house

Just close and reopen your file. The plan size is adjusted at opening time to match the actual size of the house.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 29, 2022, 8:44:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
burgermeister

Thanks.

The plan got somewhat smaller, but it still ranges from 0 to 6400 feet, and 456 to -1890 feet. I cannot see any objects scrolling around the border.

I attempted going to each level, selecting 'all', deselecting the house by holding shift & dragging across, and then deleting the remainder. Save & re-open. No change to the plan size.

I tried deleting the background image and saving / reopening. No change.

I tried 'select all on all levels', deleting everything, and save/reopen. Still the same oversized plan.
[Jan 29, 2022, 8:47:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
burgermeister

I found the issue. The '3D Visitor' was stationed way off in the distance, which apparently counts as an item on the plan. The visitor was unable to get all the way up to the house. But, I was able to move him / her closer, save, reload, move closer still, save, reload, and now all is as it should be.

Thanks for the software, BTW! It is an amazing program.
[Jan 29, 2022, 10:43:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved