Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 43
Posts: 43   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15635 times and has 42 replies Next Thread
YGYL
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Plugins manager

Yes
the object library related functions are the core of SH3D.
Now there is also deformed furniture (wall bed, wall table, dual purpose coffee table) is also not possible, too much trouble to deform manually
[Mar 20, 2022, 5:05:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

New version released!

Changelog:
  • Added i18n support for about tab
  • Fixed opening hyperlinks on Linux
  • Fixed plugin recognition in case of unknown versions
  • Added german translation

[Mar 21, 2022, 5:25:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Very useful tool!
1. On user side:
The goods:

• at start inform You if is some updates
  • it make correct update even the plugin name have some modifications compared with installed version (eg. have a version number in name)
  • this avoid to have duplicate and is more easy to control

Less good:

• it make update only one at a time not multiple which mean You need to restart SH3D after every update (at least this happen to me)

Suggestions:
- on Search tab filter the already installed and let only the rest.
- for every plugin add a list with available translations.

2. On web page:
- the link to World Installation map point ONLY to list NOT to map like few days ago
(or this is only on my side?)
- at login Firefox is complain "This connection is not secure"
I don't care about this but maybe others.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Mar 22, 2022, 7:22:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

OK, I've just encounter a problem which I expected:
RotateHomePlugin.sh3p is inside of a zip archive in dist folder.
Plugin Manager downloaded the archive, delete my current installation but than it don't know what to do next.
For me is not necessarily a problem, I could fix it for me but than I have to pay attention to not update it again.

So, I suggest to have a minimal set of rules in make and publish plugin:
- usually the source code are included in sh3p but if not, have to be published in two separate files(sh3p AND zip).
Normal users need only sh3p.
- some rules about license files and README file(s).
- maybe to include also a CHANGE LOG file which could be translated

Are only few suggestions and I expect more.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Mar 22, 2022, 8:13:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi Dorin,
it make update only one at a time not multiple which mean You need to restart SH3D after every update (at least this happen to me)
Even if you have to update one plugin at a time, you can update them all and then execute a single restart of SH3D, there is no need to restart for every single update. I could add a "update all" or "update selected" button in a future release, however I think once you have updated everything to the latest version, it will be very rare that there could be multiple plugins to update at once, unless you haven't used SH3D for several months.
on Search tab filter the already installed and let only the rest.
There is a reason for having even already installed plugins in the search tab. A plugin may offer several secondary features, some of which cannot be deduced by the plugin's name, but they could be listed in the plugin's keywords. An user could have installed a plugin to use a feature and he could not be aware of its other features. If - at a later time - the user search for such features using the search tab, he could get one of his installed plugins in the results, and learn from the description that this plugins also offer the feature he is looking for.
for every plugin add a list with available translations
This is already implemented. Look at this picture from the developer interface:

The "Languages" field is reported under the plugin description on the Plugin manager:

This is intended to inform the user about the plugin translations.
The "Languages" field must not be confused with the "Language" column, which is related to the translations shown in the Plugin manager, not the plugin itself.
the link to World Installation map point ONLY to list NOT to map like few days ago
The world map is plugin specific, so you have to click on a plugin name from the list to see its map. What's changed from the previous days is just the aspect of the list.
at login Firefox is complain "This connection is not secure"
This is a terrible mistake I made initially when I published the links. You can switch to https: https://daniels118.altervista.org/sh3d/pluginmanager/
I will implement a rule to automatically redirect to the secure connection.
RotateHomePlugin.sh3p is inside of a zip archive in dist folder.
There is already a set of rules, one of which is to have ApplicationPlugin.properties within the archive. This already excludes archive which contain in turn a sh3p file (dist) and a zip file (src), but I didn't manage sh3p+plain src folder.
You have earned the bug reporter badge! biggrin
I will add the rule to avoid this case, however this means this plugin will leave the Plugin manager, unless we upload the sh3p file separately. I have to contact the plugin's author to ask him to fix the deliverable; only if I won't get any reply in a reasonable amount of time, I will upload the sh3p file by myself.
- some rules about license files and README file(s).
- maybe to include also a CHANGE LOG file which could be translated
This is a good idea, but I won't implement it as a requirement, it will be mostly a guideline: I don't want to impose my rules beyond the ones provided by SH3D, unless they became part of SH3D itself (I don't like de facto standards).
[Mar 22, 2022, 12:57:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

This are usually happens when I typing before I think.
With aid Your explanations it work ALL. It remind me what I've done few days ago (age???)
I'm totally agree with "guideline" in place of "rules".
I could add a "update all" or "update selected" button in a future release

I don't think is necessarily.
this means this plugin will leave the Plugin manager, unless we upload the sh3p file separately

Unfortunately, BEFORE read Your answer, I've already repack and upload "AS IS" on Source Forge.
Now I wait the owner reaction (I hope he doesn't beat me).
[Mar 23, 2022, 7:10:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

I've sent a private message to Michel MBEM to ask him if he wishes to upgrade his plugin or he agree with a change in ownership, so that we can continue his work.
I would wait at least for 2 weeks before going on.
[Mar 23, 2022, 8:46:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Version 1.2 released!

Changelog:
  • Implemented warning when installing beta versions
  • Implemented the capability to install old versions
  • Implemented HTML support for plugins descriptions and changelogs
  • Implemented localized language names in plugins descriptions
  • Added an icon to the menu entry
  • Fixed a bug occurring when a modal message is displayed at startup
  • Fixed codepage in "about" tab
  • Fixed properties fallback to default language
  • The Plugin manager can be opened even if the updates download fails
  • Added Norwegian translation
It is very important to update the Plugin manager to this version to avoid wrong display of HTML formatted text that will be added to plugins' description in the future.
Updating to this version will also help to manage alpha and beta releases of other plugins.

Enjoy! smile
[Apr 1, 2022, 2:20:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

The new Simplified Chinese versions of the 30 plug-ins I translated are here
Transfer link:https://cowtransfer.com/s/28d3ac9ca70c4e passphrase: acxy1d
[Apr 20, 2022, 6:39:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

The Simplified Chinese versions of the ExportPlanImage-1.0 plug-ins
Transfer link:https://cowtransfer.com/s/66b390c58db840 passphrase: ko369j
[Apr 22, 2022, 9:46:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 43   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved