Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4828 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Rotate plan plug-in

Alternative:
•Install the Advanced Edit plugin.
•In the Edit menu select "Select all at all levels"
•Use the rotate function (same menu or in the toolbar)

It will rotate everything selected on all levels, including polylines
(I'm not sure but I don't think a background image is included in the rotation since it's not a selectable item.)
[Sep 9, 2023, 10:02:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pabloab

Thanks Keet! All unviewable levels and furniture not flagged as visible are not selected, therefore not rotated. If I manually select all furniture from the list, I end with something completely broken.

I wish SH3D had taggable/alternative branches for levels. Sometimes I want to see different decoration paths, or to see the BEFORE/AFTER on the same project. That's why I heavily use the furniture visibility flag.

The Home Rotator (AKA Plan Rotator?) Plugin seems the best approach. I filed this bug report about the polyline issue.
[Sep 10, 2023, 12:57:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Of course. The Advanced Edit plugin rotation, moving, etc. works on everything selected. If a level is unviewable the objects can't be selected and thus will not be included in the rotation.
I'm not sure about the status of the Home Rotate plugin concerning the background image or rotating unviewable levels. I know the AE plugin rotates everything selected: walls, furniture, rooms, polylines, dimensions, etc.
[Sep 10, 2023, 7:11:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

For my personal use I've updated the plugin with the polylines rotation. It was not a big deal.
I still have a problem with the background image rotation, but I will (probably) fix it.
or to see the BEFORE/AFTER on the same project.

To toggle from visible to invisible multiple items I use multiple levels at same elevation with different furniture in it and toggle the level visibility.
Only to see the home from different positions you don't need to rotate the hole home.
Move the visitor and store the point of view.
If you need a specific orientation of building you don't need to rotate the hole home.
Rotate only the compass to indicate the correct orientation.
@Keet
How this plugin works on your side?
I'm interested about background image.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Sep 10, 2023, 6:40:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

@Keet
How this plugin works on your side?
I'm interested about background image.
I don't use the Rotate Plan plugin. I rarely need to rotate the whole plan and when I do I use the method I described using the Advanced Edit plugin. Since I also don't use background images that works perfectly fine for me.
[Sep 10, 2023, 7:35:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@Michel MBEM
I'm very sorry for this but again I've don't ask You for permission.

It is not really my job but I've made some modifications to this plugin.
You could find it on Source Forge as RotateHome-1.3
I've try to update this plugin and I've added:
- support for polylines
- support for multiple levels
- some corrections for rotated items
Be carefully: it is full of bugs, so use it with care!
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Sep 12, 2023, 8:01:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved