Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1063 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
titust11

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to use an MTL file once you modify it.

I wanted to add a transparent material that I could use, and I read the explaining how to do it.
There is a MTL file that has the same name as my sh3d file. I edited the mtl file, added the new transparent material but I have no idea how o use it afterwards. When I click on a furniture and I select a material from a list, I get this dialog box:
Furniture Materials
back
bottom
front, etc.
Unchanged, Invisible, Color, Texture

I don't see a list of materials, I tried in colours, in textures, my material is not there
What should I do? How can I use this modified MTL file? Web search didn’t help
Thanks a lot
[Jan 22, 2022, 5:39:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
titust11

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How to use an MTL file once you modify it.

Sorry, I found myself the answer. First you have to create a 3d model in another 3d application and export it as obj. When exporting the obj file it creates an mtl file with the same name. This file should be edited and the import the obj into sh3d
[Jan 23, 2022, 1:55:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved