Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2052 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
KamiraHaruno

Brazil
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
angry Defective autosave

Hello, I'm a Brazilian user and I have a problem with the projects I made: I have 3 projects in total, and I changed all of them today, in the late morning and early afternoon. As I was using it online, it doesn't have a save button, it's an automatic process of every 2 seconds the system saves itself. But it's been a long time since I finished changing, I waited the necessary time and decided to download the 3 projects to see the program that installs on the computer. But when I open the projects, none of them have the changes I made today.

I'm afraid of losing the changes that took me a few minutes to make, so I have all 3 projects open in the browser

I suggest having a save button even when we use it online
[Jan 17, 2022, 8:01:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Defective autosave

You might have encountered the same issue as in the bug #1075.
First, be sure that the auto save is probably the best solution in a JavaScript environment where a crash with a page reload may occur at any moment when resources are missing. I see from the server logs that the exports you obtain from your 3 projects contain the last changes received by the server.

But let's try to understand why the server didn't receive the last changes you made. I hope you kept the windows of your 3 projects opened (or at least one), so you can report what the content of the JavaScript console.
Display it by choosing the menu item More tools > Developer tools (Ctrl+Shift+I) and select the Console tab. The Console should contain some lines stating
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
and if it contains some other texts, please copy-paste it here because it could explain what's going on.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 17, 2022, 9:33:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KamiraHaruno

Brazil

Hi,
I still keep the 3 projects open and I still have the same problem of not saving what I changed - when downloading the file

This is what appears in one of the projects:

Uncaught ReferenceError: browser is not defined
at onScriptLoad (chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/adblock-onpage-icon-cs.js:172:3)
at chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/adblock-onpage-icon-cs.js:183:2
sweethome3d.min.js?version=6.6.4:20 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
CoreTools.loadJSON @ sweethome3d.min.js?version=6.6.4:20
sweethome3d.min.js?version=6.6.4:20 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
SweetHome3DJSOnline.jsp:2 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (sweethome3d.min.js:20:2193403)
[Jan 18, 2022, 12:42:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KamiraHaruno

Brazil

Yes I use ad blockers but this has never happened before
[Jan 18, 2022, 12:45:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KamiraHaruno

Brazil

As I will need to turn off my computer now, when I turn it on tomorrow, probably the 3 tabs where the projects are will update and I will lose everything I changed today T_T
[Jan 18, 2022, 1:42:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Unfortunately, the Console text you reported doesn't help.
I hope that you'll have the patience to run more tests. If this keeps happening, I'll try to change the program to inform the user when recent changes couldn't be saved.
[Jan 18, 2022, 8:27:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KamiraHaruno

Brazil

I just turned on my computer, and as expected, none of the 3 projects were saved, I'll have to redo everything T_T

For these reasons and others, I believe that having a save button - so as not to depend only on automatic - would be another layer of security to protect our projects from some bug, like this one that is happening
[Jan 18, 2022, 11:12:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I need more feedback before considering developing such a feature. Tracking an automatic saving operation during the last minutes didn’t happen will be easier to program.
By the way, even if it’s sad that you lost some time, don’t let others think you lost all you work. From the logs records, you seem to have lost 2 hours of work at worst.
[Jan 18, 2022, 12:31:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KamiraHaruno

Brazil

Well, what can I do... I'm redoing everything, but also including new stuff. I hope you save this time
[Jan 18, 2022, 12:47:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Then check regularly that everything is saved by reloading the page, because Domenico Melisi reported this issue happened repeatedly in his case.
[Jan 18, 2022, 12:56:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved