Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1140 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
titust11

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
A Service Hatch leaves a white stripe on the floor. Can this be avoided?

For a wardrobe opening, I create a service hatch in the wall, planning to add some sliding doors later. No matter what I do in the location where the hatch is, there is a white stripe on the wooded floor texture.
Am I doing something wrong or can I overcome this problem by applying a trick, or using something else other than a hatch to make a wall opening? Thanks
[Jan 15, 2022, 7:16:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: A Service Hatch leaves a white stripe on the floor. Can this be avoided?

If you insert an inverted u-shaped object into a wall, the wall will fill up.
If you add a closing part at the bottom, that part will leave a gap in the floors you insert afterward.
The trick is to make an insert with a bottom closing part that is as thin as possible, making it almost invisible.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Jan 15, 2022, 9:16:47 PM]
[Jan 15, 2022, 9:16:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

The trick is exactly to take an inverted U. A door frame without the bottom piece.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jan 15, 2022, 9:28:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
titust11

Canada

But how can I modify only the bottom part (the base) of a rectangular insert? What furniture should I import in the beginning to start with?
[Jan 15, 2022, 10:46:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Try a simple door and turn all the materials to "invisible" (or at least the bottom part).
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jan 15, 2022, 11:17:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you want a service hatch without its bottom, import this box, inverting front and back faces at the second step of the wizard and checking the Door or window option at the third step.
Then place it on a wall and make its front, back and bottom materials invisible.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 16, 2022, 3:26:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved