Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3717 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
titust11

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
I cannot see the color of the rooms when rooms overlap. Why?

Is there a way to tell which room is on top?
I ask this because when I created the perimeter walls of the building, I automatically created a room covering the whole building. Then I created the interior walls and within multiple rooms. I thought these rooms sit on top of the big whole building room.
But when I try to color the floor of these individual rooms, the color of the whole building room takes precedence, so basically the color or texture of the individual rooms cannot be seen, I still see the color of the building room
Thanks
[Jan 13, 2022, 10:41:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia
Re: I cannot see the color of the rooms when rooms overlap. Why?

Very old bag. Asked Emmanuel to fix several times.
There is a lifehack:

[Jan 14, 2022, 8:07:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
titust11

Canada

Thanks
[Jan 15, 2022, 3:47:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Overlapping rooms are displayed in the order they are created. In the 3D view, the result is that the most recent room will cut the oldest rooms as in the attached example.
----------------------------------------
Attachment OverlappingRooms.sh3d (4948 bytes) (Download count: 117)

Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 15, 2022, 4:00:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Overlapping rooms are displayed in the order they are created. In the 3D view, the result is that the most recent room will cut the oldest rooms as in the attached example.

This rule doesn't work when second room created in closed loop of walls

[Jan 17, 2022, 8:51:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You'll always see overlapping rooms In the plan view because rooms are displayed with half transparency there. The rule in the 3D view is different.
[Jan 17, 2022, 1:56:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

You'll always see overlapping rooms In the plan view because rooms are displayed with half transparency there. The rule in the 3D view is different.

The problem is on plan view, not 3D

Half transparency works good for rooms, drowen outside the walls or at least partly, with one angle outside (red ! on picture). Other rooms fully transparent, it is quite annoying problem when try to show how the building is situated on the garden plot.

[Jan 18, 2022, 8:13:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If the mixing of rooms colors / textures doesn't give a good result, you should draw a garden which doesn't include the house surface.
[Jan 18, 2022, 8:44:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

I tried draw garden around the house, but there are extra lines arise in plan view, and after each move or rotation of garden to change house position you need to correct garden nodes. That,s why I prefer my method from message http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/view...,11526_lastpage,yes#53633

If all rooms behave on plan view similarly, with half transparency, regardless of whether they are drawn inside or outside the walls contour - in would be very nice and predictable.
[Jan 18, 2022, 10:17:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Ok I got it. Actually there are two bugs. The first one doesn’t update the plan drawing when the user changes the visibility of the floor or ceiling of a room. The second one is about the sort order in which floors and ceilings should be drawn. I’m going to fix them.
[Jan 18, 2022, 12:35:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved