Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2534 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
whengreg

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Easy good enough roofs with one checkbox

Yesterday, I tried to add a roof to my home by just adding sloped walls, and having a room with a ceiling. This wouldn't give an overhang, but it's close, and it's really easy to create.

However, this doesn't work for a rather annoying reason; ceilings are only visible from below. From outside it's just a bunch of walls giving the skeleton of a roof, with no actual roof.

Therefore, the checkbox I want is "ceiling is visible from above". All this would do is add polygons to the top side of the ceiling, which would allow the easy creation of arbitrary roof shapes.
[Jan 12, 2022, 8:01:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Easy good enough roofs with one checkbox

To help you come up with a temporary solution.
Set a floor color for this room area, then export the OBJ. then import the OBJ, Invert the back and front faces when importing. Place it in the same location.
Then customize the object, turn off the floor display, and change the texture of the ceiling
Finish
[May 13, 2022, 2:15:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved