Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3285 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Sefdik

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Winodws — Unable to Close or EXIT.

I'm new to Sweet Home 3D (2 days) but not new to IT (At least 40 years).

Two days ago I downloaded to Source Forge version and liked it so I then paid for and downloaded the Windows App version.

I'm running:
Windows 10: Home (x64) Version 2009 (build 19042.1415)
Sweet Home: 3D 6.6.1.0.

The Problem:
I cannot CLOSE or EXIT SH3D. I have to use the Windows Task Manager to close the App. On restart I don't get my saved file(s) fully back.

Things I have done:
I can find nothing on this forum or in the FAQs.

I have tried the Windows App Management Repair, Reset and Uninstall, then reinstalled. I have cleaned up my registry and all sorts of junk files but the issue persists. I have rebooted my PC. I have done all this twice.

Can anyone offer any idea as to what the problem may be.

Thanks in anticipation.

Seth REEDER.
----------------------------------------
/0^0\
[Jan 9, 2022, 4:27:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Winodws — Unable to Close or EXIT.

What happens when you try to close or quit?
Can’t you save before you force to quit?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 9, 2022, 10:08:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sefdik

France

Thanks Emmanuel,

I can SAVE and I can SAVE-AS.

When I choose CLOSE or EXIT, nothing happens, the screen stays exactly the same.

After forcing the closure with the Task Manager when I re-open SH3DI I get a 'recovered' file which is not the last state I left the file in. I then manually OPEN the last file and it is as I would expect. At the moment I'm saving the file twice under two different names because I have done a lot of work.

Nothing else behaves like this on my PC and I have never seen this happen before.

Does the paid for Windows Store version completely overwrite the Source Forge version ?

Seth.
/0^0\
[Jan 10, 2022, 11:30:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

After forcing the closure with the Task Manager when I re-open SH3DI I get a 'recovered' file which is not the last state I left the file in.
The file for recovery purpose is saved every 10 minutes (see preferences panel), so its state depends on the moment the scheduler saved it.

Does the paid for Windows Store version completely overwrite the Source Forge version ?
No, and you can keep both versions on your computer, but as they have the same name, you have to pay attention which one you launch (even if they are compatible).

Does your problem happen also for a new file or a file created from a demo?
[Jan 10, 2022, 2:58:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sefdik

France

Merci encore Emmanuel.

On the basis that both can exist on the same PC, I have downloaded the Source Forge (SF) version and it behaves correctly, PERFECT.

Using the Windows Store (WS) version, even if I have no data file loaded I still cannot CLOSE or EXIT it. The same for creating a new file or using a demo.

The Windows Task Manager shows:
° - crashpad_handler.exe
° - Zulu Platform x64 Architecture

I think I shall:
° - uninstall the WS version again,
° - run CCleaner,
° - and it's registry cleaner,
° - reboot the PC and
° - install the 32 bit version of SH3D from the WS.

Seth. (J'habit dans l'Yonne (89), mais je suis née in Angleterre).
/0^0\
[Jan 10, 2022, 4:00:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sefdik

France

I have done as I said in my previous reply except the 32 bit version, I just had to take what the store offered.

The App still does not CLOSE or EXIT.

I have more options to try:
° - Run various MS SFC checks, DISM, Scannow etc ...
° - Install it under another User profile.
° - Install it on another PC.

(At least I can modify my house with ALL the furniture etc in the WS version then open it in the SF version and be happy that I have SAVED my latest version).

Seth.
/0^0\
[Jan 11, 2022, 9:31:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your patient search of a possible culprit.
[Jan 11, 2022, 9:51:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sefdik

France

As no other users are getting this same problem I shall call this post CLOSED.

(I have opened a new users profile on the same PC and the issue is the same the Source Forge version works fine but the Windows App does not. I have not been able to use another PC to load it on.)

If I do find the cause Emmanuel, I shall let you know, in he meantime it's a great piece of work Chapeau !

Seth /0^0\
/0^0\
[Jan 17, 2022, 1:10:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved