Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 21
Posts: 21   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13419 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
silvercat17

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: WIP furniture / lights library

Comparison using lights with no textures. The lights vary from 40 to 5 in diameter. I'm not seeing a difference.

I've added a texture. Still not seeing a difference.
[Jan 11, 2022, 6:56:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Hello Silvercat,
Thank you and congratulation for your work!
I like these street lamps and globes. Could you share them when you'll have finished?
Thanks in advance.
V
[Jan 11, 2022, 8:53:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
silvercat17

That's the plan! I got them off of various free places - CGTrader, Sketchup Warehouse, and Archive3d - but of course it's a lot easier to use them after I've gotten them cleaned up and added lights.
[Jan 11, 2022, 10:51:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
silvercat17

Another comparison - brightness as controlled by the color. I'm just going to give the first digit since all six are the same. From left to right the colors are F(white) D B 9 7 5 3 1. All of them have the default settings, so 50% light power, and the light is centered in the globe.

I'll be testing some colors next, but having the desired brightness should make getting the correct color easier - pick the brightness then go right in the color picker to get the tint.

Here are the four dimmest (7 5 3 1) at 100% light power.

[Jan 12, 2022, 2:23:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
silvercat17

Here's the last of the comparison stuff - Colors!

All of these are the same lightness (99) but different colors. All I did was pick the brightness I wanted and then move right in saturation.

Here's what happens if you use the same color at different saturations.

This is, from right to left, 9c8800, 988b36, 99936e, 999999

You can see that until you get very saturated the color value is overpowered by the brightness.

If you want to play with this yourself, I have a furniture library with four textured globes and four untextured globes. Also in the folder are .dae files of the globes. Google drive link
[Jan 13, 2022, 3:19:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
silvercat17

Some work in progress lights. I haven't added the light properties to these yet.

This last one has a bunch of material zones so people can customize it.
[Jan 14, 2022, 2:12:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
silvercat17

Some of the lights are done. The rest I need to figure out the color still.

[Jan 17, 2022, 10:09:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
silvercat17

The first batch of lights is done!

You can download the furniture library and some textures on my Google Drive .
[Jan 19, 2022, 5:11:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
silvercat17

There's also a folder with a whole lot of translucent glass textures.
[Jan 19, 2022, 5:12:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for this nice collection!
Could you give details about the license you agree to distribute it (Free Art License or CC-BY License or both or another license)?
The best would to write it also in the PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties included in the SH3F file in a license property as in this example (id, name, description, version, license and provider properties are read and saved by the Furniture Library Editor when they exist).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 19, 2022, 9:56:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 21   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved