Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 63
Posts: 63   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83524 times and has 62 replies Next Thread
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Wirings plugin

Version 4.1.1
  • Fixed thickness bug
  • Fixed the bug happening when editing with Advanced editing plugin
  • Fixed the toolbox window not opening. Thanks to Andrey for reporting the bug.
Download from SourceForge or using the Plugin Manager.
[Aug 4, 2022, 5:05:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I found a funny bug, at least on Debian Linux.
When I have the help window open for the wirings plug-in and close Sweethome3D the help window remains open and can't be closed. You have to kill it the hard way by killing the Java process.
[Aug 25, 2022, 3:23:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi Keet,
thank you for reporting this bug, unfortunately I cannot reproduce it on my Windows machine, moreover the help dialog is the same used by the main program so I have few chance I can fix it.
I'm curious, does this happen only with Wirings plugin help or even with the SweetHome3D help window?
[Aug 26, 2022, 3:46:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I tried it with the Sweethome3D help window and that closed when closing Sweethome3D.

So I tried it again with the Wiring help...

and this time it closed when I closed Sweethome3D. The only difference was that I had a really huge project open when the 'bug' occurred and this last time it was a very small project. I'll regard it as a weird fluke on my system and not a bug in the Wirings plugin.
[Aug 26, 2022, 11:16:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GrahamI

Australia

How does one get this Plugin?
It's not in the List ?
Regards Graham
[Aug 31, 2022, 4:38:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It’s indicated in some posts of this thread that I encourage you to read from its first post.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 31, 2022, 7:56:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

First: install this plugin
Second: You have to install and learn how to use more others including wirings plugin

I knew you are somehow impatient but you have to learn more basic.
I appreciate only 1 month of learn and work with this program (in your case) to evolve from newbie to advanced.
I could help you!
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Aug 31, 2022, 7:56:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GrahamI

Australia

You are helping me and I am extremely grateful, thank you.
Regards Graham
[Sep 6, 2022, 7:01:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shoulders

United Kingdom

On this old sourceforge issue a user asked about "It would be useful to print a wiring only preview of the house in 2D/3D.", this could be a useful feature.
https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/feature-requests/33/

Also (and I am being lazy here) is there an option to add wiring conduits and perhaps these could surround the wires?
[Oct 21, 2022, 3:09:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

It would be useful to print a wiring only preview of the house in 2D/3D

This can be achieved by using levels as layers. You add another level at the same elevation of the current one (let's call this new level "wirings layer").
Then, while keeping the wirings layer selected, draw the wirings using the plugin. If you have already placed wirings on the wrong level, select them, use the cut tool (ctrl+x), then select the wirings layer and use the paste tool (ctrl+v).
Now you are able to hide/show independently wirings and/or the rest of the home.

NOTE: to take a picture of the 3D view with wirings visible, you can't use the photo tool. You have to capture the screen using any tool provided by your operating system. This is a known limitation.

is there an option to add wiring conduits and perhaps these could surround the wires?

This was an old idea I had in mind, however I have not defined a plan to implement this feature. It certainly won't came in the next release, but it could in the following one.
[Oct 22, 2022, 6:05:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 63   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved