Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 77
Posts: 77   Pages: 8   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 84899 times and has 76 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Wirings plugin

Mirakels, the problem with polylines is that they are flat, so you may not be able to see them from the side in the 3D view. It’s the reason why I prefer to keep them at the floor elevation of the level they are added to, even if the visibility problem remains when you don’t draw a floor room under a polyline.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 30, 2024, 8:45:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mirakels

Hi Puybaret,
They may be flat bit the they have a with, and are visible in 3D.
See this wiring picture that is build of polylines only (build could look much better with elevated lines...;)

(and maybe a future version might add thickness to a polyline(Segment)... )

[Apr 1, 2024, 5:07:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Looks good to me and I don't understand why elevated lines would improve this. But that is probably because I don't know what you want to achieve.

There is a way to elevate polylines but maybe it's a bit cumbersome if you need many different elevations: use elevated levels for those polylines you want elevated.
[Apr 1, 2024, 7:38:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Impressive work, Mirakels!
[Apr 1, 2024, 9:08:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mirakels

Looks good to me and I don't understand why elevated lines would improve this. But that is probably because I don't know what you want to achieve.

There is a way to elevate polylines but maybe it's a bit cumbersome if you need many different elevations: use elevated levels for those polylines you want elevated.

Yes I'm using levels (around 40 or so...) to cretae different polylines for different purposes and house levels. But all lines are at exatly the same height within that level.

On level for instance holds the electricity wires/tubes running in a floor. Now I let the line end with an arrow top to indicate that the tube actually goes up from that point to for instance a wall socket. But I want to add the wall socket into the picture. The only way to do that is to add a cylinder shape to connect the polyline to the socket, but they are not glued together so when changing the polyline the tube to the socket becomes disconnected from the polyline.
Also many tubes run down the wall from the ceiling in a curved way. Polylines cannot do that (as there is no z-coordinate). The wirings plugin can do that but I somehow feel drawing in 3D is not always easy, and combining polylines with wirings-plugin lines is not really possible I think (i.e. glueing them together)

So I think integrating polylines with wirings-plugin would be the best of all worlds ;)
[Apr 1, 2024, 10:52:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Have you tried the automatic wiring tool? It let you link sockets with a single click, then you can optionally add more points to the cable to make more complex paths:
https://youtu.be/Z_XFq4QaD8E
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Daniels118 at Apr 3, 2024, 7:28:11 AM]
[Apr 3, 2024, 7:26:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

I would like to second Miracles thoughts. If this would be possible it is easy and practical to use.
[Apr 8, 2024, 9:42:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 77   Pages: 8   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved