Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3066 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
LivingInContainers

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Is there a method to crop an object diagonally?

My question refers to a deck wherein I want to place the wooden surface boards on a 45-degree angle and then trim the object down to a square.

I have a deck outlined as neatly as possible to the shape I want, but the edges are like saw teeth, which is what I want to trim off.

Further, is there an allowance to group a bunch of objects together to become one object?

Often times when trying to moving objects and I try to grab them all, I will sometimes drag the footings under the object as well, which I don't want.

I use Inkscape regularly, and it is a feature which allows me to do these things when I am creating drawings in that program.
[Jan 1, 2022, 2:44:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KelvinUceta

Belgium
Re: Is there a method to crop an object diagonally?

Hi,

About your 45° wooden surface boards, I don't it very well, could you share some pictures?

To move multiple objects together I use "Group" feature, e.a. table with chairs grouped them as "TableSet", you can also "Group" them, "Move" your Group then "Ungroup" them.

Hoop to help you and see your reply about the board, even if you already solved it, it's a good practice to share how did it and help other members of this community having same issues.
----------------------------------------
Dubito, ergo sum

Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS
CPU: Core i9-12900K
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ghz
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6G
3D: SH3D 6.6.1 and Blender
[Jan 14, 2022, 7:59:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Is there a method to crop an object diagonally?

You can get a 45° angle for your surface boards by setting the angle to 45° when importing the texture.

Besides grouping you can use the object export and import features to get a permanent group of objects into a single object:
Select all the objects that need to be combined.
Export these: 3D View, Export to OBJ format (export selected, not all)
Import the exported object (Furniture, Import furniture) and you have your single furniture object.
Remember that you can no longer edit the individual parts unless you keep a copy of the group of original objects somewhere saved to repeat the process when required.
[Apr 8, 2022, 11:58:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved