Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1815 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
ajuan777

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How do I change the scale to 1/8=1'0"?

Hello, I recently got this program and love how easy it is to use. I was working on a blueprint with my father for this job we had, and he brought to my attention that with city permits, we need to use the 1/8th scale for accuracy. I went to File, Page Setup, and changed the scale to 1/8. But there was no change to the dimensions for the document. The boxes were still stacked 6 by 6. I need the squares to be stacked 8 by 8. How do I make this change and see the changes on the program?
[Dec 15, 2021, 3:55:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How do I change the scale to 1/8=1'0"?

Please read the explanations in the included help about printing.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 15, 2021, 12:06:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ajuan777

United States

Use the following instructions if you don't know how to convert a scale of the form 1/4"=1' to the value expected in the Scale field of the page setup pane: a 1/x scale tells how much 1 unit on the paper is in the real world, as well as a 1/4"=1' scale tells a fourth of an inch on the paper is 1 foot in the real world. Thus, a 1/100 scale means 1 cm on paper = 100 cm = 1 m in the real world, but also means 1 inch on paper = 100 inches = 8'4" in the real world. To convert a scale like 1/4"=1' where the value at left of the equal sign isn't 1 and/or doesn't use the same unit as the value at right of the equal sign, convert the two values in the smallest unit, then divide the value at right by the value at left. For a 1/4" = 1' scale, converting to inches will give 1/4"=12", then dividing 12 by 1/4 will give 48, for an equivalent scale of 1/48.

I'm terrible at math, and this threw me off.
So, do I do 1/8"=1', converting to inches will give 1/8"=12", then dividing 12 by 1/8 will give 96, for 1/96?
Again I'm terrible at math and need someone to double check this for me, if you could let me know if this is right or wrong I'd be most grateful. Thank you for your time.
[Dec 17, 2021, 5:16:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You should be more confident in your calculation capabilities wink
1/96 is the right answer.
[Dec 17, 2021, 7:49:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ajuan777

United States

Glory be to God. I had no faith. Thank you for informing me that I was on the right path.
But, how do I get the graph to show 8 by 8 squares on the blueprints? I typed in the calculations but the graph still shows a 6 by 6 square instead of an 8 by 8. Am I missing something here? I was hoping that when I typed in the 1/96 that the program would then create an 8 by 8 square. But it stays the same with an 6 by 6 square, and then when I zoom in the graph shows a 12 by 12 square. Can you explain to me what I'm missing? Or what I'm not understanding?
All I was told is that I need to make blueprints to scale using a 1/8 measurement for city planning. If I was on paper and using a ruler, that would be no problem, but I'm trying to do that same method using this program.
What am I not getting?
[Dec 18, 2021, 11:52:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The grid shown at screen is not printed and the space between grid lines depends just on the current zoom in the plan. If you want a grid in your printed plan, see this tip.
[Dec 19, 2021, 4:36:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved