Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1834 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
stain35

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Viewing levels in 3d view from same position

I am building a floorplan of my house for a Home Assistant floorplan implementation.

There are 2 floors and this requires a photo of each. For the ground floor, I created a photo using aerial view (a little to the side to show the 3d view of the house) and stored the point of view. The idea was that the first floor photo could be superimposed over the ground floor photo to give the realism of 2 floors of a house in proportion with each other.

When I came create the photo for the first floor from the stored point of view, it was clear that that stored point of view was relative to the position of the, now active, first floor. I believe it is possible associated with the floor of that level itself (although I may be wrong about that - hard to tell). This meant that the image was completely out of line with the top of the ground floor.

I cannot work out how to ensure that the point of view is actually at a fixed x/y/z/tilt angle for both photos. Simply moving the point of view up and down is no good as the relative position means it does not move in relation to the photo of the ground floor. I hope I have explained this as it is difficult to put into words but the simplistic description is I cannot get 2 level photos from the same position and angle.

I had to create some photos png images as links (not sure I understood the http link for an image.....) so I am afraid you would have to look at them this way but they show 4 photos, supposedly from the same position although the last is after reselecting the stored pov. If you look at the extension at the back of the house, you can see that the image places the ground floor in a different position and magnification each time, so I cannot created the first floor in the correct position, sitting on top of the ground floor.

Ground floor at stored pov

First floor and ground floor, no change in position

First floor only, no change in position

First floor after reselecting stored pov
[Dec 1, 2021, 12:30:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Viewing levels in 3d view from same position

Have you tried using the virtual visitor set at a great height, say 5 or 10 meters. You can then fix the tilt and angle of the "head".

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 1, 2021, 8:05:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stain35

I will give that a go. However, it would be nice to not have to recreate every photo again (there are many lighting and open\closed door combinations that I did for the ground floor). Sso is it possible to get the co-ordinates/tilt of the aerial view and manually move the virtual person to those co-ordinates/tilt?
[Dec 1, 2021, 2:40:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stain35

just seen the entries in the Home file in sh3d. I can see the co-ords I have been using so will save a person view and edit. See if that works.
[Dec 1, 2021, 2:46:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You can retrieve the coordinates of the Aerial view camera in the Home.xml file of a SH3D file. As a SH3D file is actually a ZIP file, open it with any zip tool, the view the Home.xml file it contains and look for the line starting by <camera attribute='topCamera' where you'll get the values of x, y, z (=elevation), yaw (=body angle), pitch (=head angle) and fieldOfView attributes. Then, copy these values in the Virtual visit modification box (angles should be converted from radians to degrees).

[Edit: it looks like you found the solution by yourself wink]
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Dec 1, 2021, 2:59:09 PM]
[Dec 1, 2021, 2:57:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved