Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1897 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
pchris

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
3D view suddenly changes so backround becomes all white and colours in model change

Hi all, currently spent some time using sweet home 3d and have downloaded some models from 3dwarehouse. I have discovered that when I insert one of these models the 3D viewing window suddenly changes colours so the backround suddenly becomes all white and other colours in the model suddenly change.

I am having a similar problem explained in the following threads
http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/view...8CE05255F59AF3DD478651F5A

And the last 2 posts on
http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,8953_offset,20

Further investigation has also shown if I insert 4 of the same model into a new project things seem to work OK, when I insert the fifth it breaks. I can't then recover from this.

Does anyone know what is causing this? It really messes up the colours e.g Grey becomes white and I can't recover from it

Thanks
[Nov 30, 2021, 10:35:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: 3D view suddenly changes so backround becomes all white and colours in model change

Both links lead to two different subjects, one about the rendering in the 3D view, the other about different colors in the rendered photo.
Unfortunately, my suggestion in the first thread didn't receive any feedback and reporting users didn't post a way to reproduce their issue (either a SH3D file or a 3D model).
Hope you'll do better and share something wink
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 1, 2021, 3:11:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pchris

UK
Re: 3D view suddenly changes so backround becomes all white and colours in model change

Hi there, the first link is the problem I am having, I was really just searching the entire forum for anyone who may have a problem which sounds similar to mine and trying any suggestion. I have tried your suggestion in the first thread but it did not seem to work. I uninstalled the 64 bit version I was using (v6.6a), installed the 32 bit version and created the ini file but it didn't seem to make any difference. I also tried another suggestion I saw on another thread about increasing the amount of memory used (I can't remember where I saw that now) although that also did not seem to work. I have sent you an email to your etreks email with a load more information and some screenshots as that was easier than posting them all on here. I hope that is OK. Subject line being the same as this post.
[Dec 13, 2021, 10:12:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your mail with screenshots but I couldn't reproduce your issue under Windows and macOS. Another suggestion would be to change the content of the SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file you installed by the following line:
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView=true
This will force Sweet Home 3D to compute the 3D view offscreen.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 14, 2021, 10:14:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pchris

UK

Hi there, I have now removed the 64 bit version of Sweet home from my windows 10 (64 bit) PC, installed the 32 bit version of Sweet Home, created a "SweetHome3D.l4j.ini" file containing the following

#
# Place this file in the same directory as SweetHome3D.exe file to always run Sweet Home 3D with DirectX
-Dj3d.rend=d3d
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=true
-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=false
-Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=true
-Dsun.java2d.ddscale=true
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.deploymentInformation=DirectX

-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView=true
#

In the Sweet Home 3D install folder.

Unfortunately I am still getting the same problem. I am not sure if the above file is actually being used as the the About dialog does not mention Direct X if SweetHome3D.l4j.ini is taken into account

However I installed 32 Bit Sweet Home 3D on another computer running Windows 10 (32 bit) and tried that, and like you mentioned I have not managed to re-create the problem? I also ran Sweet Home 3D in 64 Bit Linux (On the same Computer that exhibits the problem under Windows) as I have a dual boot system and that also seemed to work.

Therefore there is something strange going on under my Windows 10 64 Bit computer

If you have any more suggestions then please let me know. My workaround now is to boot into Linux and use that.

Any further help would be appreciated

Thanks
[Jan 3, 2022, 10:29:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved