Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2161 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
elektrinis

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Vector projection of 3D view?

Hi all,

I'm doing this smart home interface and need a vector SVG file with a projection of my 3D view, with roof removed. Like in image below.

Is this possible, and what software would I need?

Also I have tried to export the 3D view to .OBJ and then import it in to Fusion 360, however it did not import any of the materials/textures and the model itself is all broken.

What 3D modelling software is known to be compatible wth these OBJ files and all the extras?
[Nov 23, 2021, 5:05:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Vector projection of 3D view?

The image you posted is a rendered photo which is computed pixel per pixel with many different colors, therefore it's difficult to vectorize it to obtain a similar image in SVG format. Among the free converters available on Internet I tried with your image, pngtosvg.com seemed to give "acceptable" results.
But maybe your could simply use the image returned by Plan > Export to SVG format menu item.

Blender supports very well OBJ format import and export.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 25, 2021, 9:29:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Re: Vector projection of 3D view?

None of this is directly related to SH3D, except for creating the rendered image used.
Try Inkscape. You can embed and place pre-rendered images, then overlay svg elements with xml id attributes. I suspect this is what your smart home app is needing, so that it can treat the svg elements as buttons or labels for the action buttons and things like temperature labels.
[Nov 26, 2021, 4:05:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved