Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1194 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
stain35

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sign with frosted logo and led lights behind...

I am creating a floor plan that includes lighting features that will reflect smart home actions such as turning lights on.

I am using Sweet Home as it seems perfect for a simplified plan. However, I would like one of my lights to be a little more true to life. I have a perspex circular sign with a frosted logo on it and this is backlighted with leds (that can be numerous colours).

I created this in Blender originally and have attached a link to a pic of the design with a white backlight (simple , no glow, etc). This is too complex for an exported obj or dae file, and loses the picture and materials, ending up just as a plain disk. So I cannot import a usable version into sweet home.

This leads me to 2 questions:

1. Is there any simple way of creating this object for Sweet Home, even if it is a simplified version, but somehow maintaining the design of the logo and some element of glass like features?

2. I have seen how the furniture library editor and the sh3 file can be used to define a light source but am unsure as to how this could be best utilised for imitating shining through such an object.Any ideas?

Generally, I expect to have 3 possible lighting scenarios: completely off, backlit by white light and backlit by red light.

I realise this tool is not for very complex 3d images but thought there could be some compromise that I haven't thought of.

Link to image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5d6vkyyur7ih6c/Scr...-2021%2022.25.49.png?dl=0
[Nov 16, 2021, 11:03:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved