Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2379 times and has 7 replies Next Thread

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Customizing permanent settings in preferences menu

I'm looking for a way to set my personal preferences.
How can I do that?

Examples:
Polylines start out with a thickness of 1.
I don't need that. I need to start out with a thickness of 0.125

Opening a new file there is always the compass there. I don't need that. If I needed I want to turn it on.

Creating new "rooms" there is always the square footage displayed. I don't need that.

There is more. What I need is that I can set the defaults so that the polylines start with a thickness of 0.125, opening new file has no compass and creating a new "room" no square footage is displayed unless requested it.
[Oct 16, 2021, 11:44:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Customizing permanent settings in preferences menu

Sorry, there’s no way to change the default values you requested without changing the program. So unless you’re a programmer, you’ll have to live with it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 17, 2021, 2:39:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

My solution: make an empty standard file that you open whenever starting a new drawing. Here you can set all your preferences.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 17, 2021, 4:58:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 

Sorry, there’s no way to change the default values you requested without changing the program. So unless you’re a programmer, you’ll have to live with it.

Funny to read your reply.
I train people in Customer relations and services.
Where I to teach in the spirit of your reply I'd be out of business!
[Jan 25, 2022, 2:34:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 

My solution: make an empty standard file that you open whenever starting a new drawing. Here you can set all your preferences.

H

Hi and thank you for your reply.
When I start SH3D it always opens with a certain "base template".
Applying your idea, where could I find that "master template" so I could modify it?
[Jan 25, 2022, 2:55:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Funny to read your reply.
I train people in Customer relations and services.
Where I to teach in the spirit of your reply I'd be out of business!

So, you are not allowed to tell people the truth? You have to lie to them? I would never do a job like yours!
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jan 25, 2022, 6:16:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I think 411621 was speaking about the end of my sentence "you’ll have to live with it", probably too offensive for some American people.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 25, 2022, 9:09:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I think 411621 was speaking about the end of my sentence "you’ll have to live with it", probably too offensive for some American people.

It's just a clumsy attempt to make you feel bad and fix that "issue"...

...and that is unprofessional and I hope, she/he will not teach that to the people in her/his class...
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jan 25, 2022, 7:52:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved