Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 248
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 631274 times and has 247 replies Next Thread
sire42

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Generate roof plugin

Hi,

thanks for proving this great software.

Regarding the roof plugin, the possibility to set multiple slopes would be nice indeed.

I noted, you wonder about user interaction for this, i.e. selecting the faces and directly setting the slope for the face.

I cannot help with this, but maybe for the first go, another approach is feasible as well:

I had a look into the code (currently, i am reluctant to setup a development environment to try myself *shame*), it seems the key entry point into the algo is the function getRoofFaces(...) with value "weigth" [sic]; so instead of the scalar value for slope, one would need to pass through an array/vector to use in the edges loop there as weight.

You may offer the user, for the beginning, two slope sliders. Adopt the code to pass both values as array/vector and in getRoofFaces just loop over this vector restarting at end ("wrap-around"). By this, you have already a solution for an arbitrary number of edges altering the slope every other edge. This can already cover for the most practical 4 edged roofs including sort of gable roofs if one slope is set to 90° (or close to 90°, I noted in the algo descriptions some possible concerns about singularities at this point).

This approach can be extended by simply extendending the slope vector, if once the user interaction is capable to cover arbitrary face slope setting so that eventually the slope vector length equals the edges/faces count.

best regards
[Apr 15, 2022, 8:54:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

News (no breaking)!
In the last several months I've made some kind of team with Daniels118.
That's mean I make a wish and he make it real.
Then I make it public like it is my work. In fact that's all my effort.
Anyway, it was a heavy time consuming and a lot of try and fail, than start from the beginning.

Finally new version 3.0 !

What's new (not to mach):
1. Individual face selection with mouse (thanks to Emmanuel & Daniele),
2. Individual face angle set (thanks to Daniele),
3. Add a Help button with some useful information (I've stole some codes from Daniele).
-Add Chinese translation (thanks to YGYL but incomplete at that moment, need updated).
As You could see I have nothing to do with this version.

Some screenshots and explanations (for new comings):
- Start from a selected room as roof projection (generated by Auto Dimensioning plugin or manually drawn)

- Tools->Generate roof

- You will see something like this

- Select a face with mouse

- Rotate roof and select other face.

- Press Ctrl+click on other face

- Click elsewhere to deselect all, select a face, then Ctrl+Click to select desired faces.

- With this selected faces modify faces angle with the slider.

- Make the same with other faces

- Click Ok to export roof on home

- Open in Modify furniture -> Modify materials
Select all faces and set the desire texture

- Select some specific faces and mark as invisible. Ok.

- That could be the result

Also on Source Forge
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Aug 8, 2022, 7:31:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Hello Team Dorin,

Thank you very much for this new version. It works, more or less.

I followed the steps in Dorin's message, and this is what happens:
- the plugin generates a correct roof
- the new interface appears with the angle slider
- however, the list with roof sections is not visible, and
- I cannot select individual roof parts in the 3D preview
- after clicking OK I try to apply textures
- when I select Modify Roof, I can apply textures to each individual roof section

Maybe you published version 2.9 instead of v3.0 ??

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 8, 2022, 8:15:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi Hans,
the angle slider was already there in the previous version (2.5), the version 3 adds the faces list and the help button. If you click the help button you will see the current version. Also note that this version requires SH3D 7.0 or later.

Please be sure you have installed the latest version and don't forget to restart SH3D to let the changes to take effect.
If you have done the steps above and still experience problems, please post a screenshot of the GUI.
[Aug 8, 2022, 10:15:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

It seems the plug-in doesn't replace the previous version, or maybe I did something wrong.

Seems to work like it should now, but I will test more in the coming days.

Once again, many thanks to Team Dorin :-)

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 8, 2022, 11:05:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GrahamI

Australia

Does anyone have some samples of how to use this Plugin ?
Regards Graham
[Aug 23, 2022, 2:36:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Did you look at the previous messages? Just try to reproduce some similar rooms.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 23, 2022, 3:29:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GrahamI

Australia
confused Re: Generate roof plugin

Hi Dorin,
I have a rectangular Roof and the Roof loads with the 2 Sides and the 2 Ends at 45°. I would like to change the angle of the 2 Ends to be a different angle. How can I achieve that please?
Regards Graham sad
[Aug 25, 2022, 6:12:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GrahamI

Australia

Hi Dorin,
Please ignore my earlier message. I have now read your earlier message with illustrations and I believe the answer is in there.
Regards Graham
[Aug 25, 2022, 7:37:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GrahamI

Australia
sad Re: Generate roof plugin

Hi Dorin,
Despite all attempts I am unable to Use your Plugin to create my Roof. I hope you will help me here ....
I'm wanting a 5m wide roof at the Northern end, running East/West and then 3 Ridges running North/South with an East/West wing over the Port Couchere in the South.
Can you help me with GenRoof please?

Regards Graham
[Aug 28, 2022, 3:06:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved