Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 248
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 631350 times and has 247 replies Next Thread
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Generate roof plugin

Looking on multiplier plugin, I think I found a solution.
Very soon will be an update.
Until that, the Daniels118 solution, is good for an workaround.
Thanks again!
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Dec 28, 2022, 9:01:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Hi,

at the moment i just hit CTRL+M , change unit to millimeter, generate the roof, then put it back in imperial!

Little question: is there's a way to automatically have an overhang.
[Dec 28, 2022, 10:23:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

You could use Autodimensioning plugin which have this option.
Then you can modify the generated roof projection if is not exactly what you want.
Probably you will encounter the same problem with unit measurement.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Dec 29, 2022, 9:42:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

The GRT offer you the final version of Generate roof v.4.0

Next version (4.5 or 5.0) probably at the end of the next year.
We already work on it in the limit of time and your interest.

From CHANGE LOG:
*add feature to compute holes in roof projection
*add roof thickness
*add specific property to roof piece of furniture
*add option to set roof face invisibility before export
*increase slope limit to 165 to cover entire range (180)
*increase slope precision from 1 to 0.1 deg
*increase number of selected faces to n-1
*add the reuse mechanism of the already generated roof
** now you could modify the roof including in new sessions
** implement an better way in generated levels
*add few new elements to dialog

I've not too much to say while Daniels118 have made all hard work:
-The most important is the plugin became active if you select an room(s) OR select a previously created roof with this version.
-Add an specific entry under the Help menu pointing to an help page.
The help page or user manual or both are a work in progress.

Also on Source Forge .
[Dec 30, 2022, 6:12:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vinci68

France

A big thank you to all the GRT team. The programming of all these plugins allows SH3D to be always more powerful. I'm envious of all that you do every day to make this software progress. To all of you I wish you a beautiful and happy year 2023.
Didier
[Dec 30, 2022, 9:43:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I've been playing with the GR plugin lately (4.0) and I'm very impressed! Up until now I managed to create pretty complex roofs using the bnl-* roof parts but this plugin makes it a lot easier and results in a single object. I now have more problems with creating the right size room(s) than generating the roof itself laughing

Two little glitches which should be easy to fix:
1. When changing the selected roof the elevation is lost. The elevation can be reset after the roof is generated but you have to remember what it previously was.
2. The thickness is reset to the default instead of preserving the thickness you had set. This is a little trickier because it's too easy to forget to reset it to the thickness is was before.

Than a little trick I tried for those who want a different underside for the room part and the part that sticks outside the wall (overhang): Create a second, thin roof for just the room part and elevate it just under the main roof. That way you can set the underside texture/color for the room to a different one than you want for the outside overhang.
[Jan 8, 2023, 2:00:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@Keet Thanks for feedback!
I know this problems (1 & 2) and will be solved (somehow) in the next version.
Unfortunately there are more other.
[Jan 16, 2023, 1:56:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada
confused Re: Generate roof plugin

Hi

Can you send a little video of how to achieve vertical measurements with the tracing paper, for some reasons i cannot achieve it.

One more thing, is it possible to not have the lower border when having 90 degrees slope.

P.S.: don't mind sizing i was only doing some tests.

[Jan 17, 2023, 1:47:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

The video tutorial for vertical dimension lines has been published here.
You may add the thread to favorites by clicking the star button at the top right of the page to get notified about future updates and tutorials.
[Jan 17, 2023, 7:03:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

is it possible to not have the lower border when having 90 degrees slope

You have to make the corresponding roof face invisible in Roof generator NOT after. The face border will not be exported.
In fact, on modify materials, you will have to set ONLY texture (color).
[Jan 17, 2023, 8:07:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved