Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 248
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 631507 times and has 247 replies Next Thread
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Generate roof plugin

Hi, bdfd.
1. I'm glad You try it and surprisingly work!!!
2. You've right, it's a bug.
"Why?"
When I make this I consider to be only one building in home plane.
The last picture I've post (with more buildings) I have to correct manually this bug.
Select all on newly Roof-gen level (roof & room under roof), cut and paste on first Roof-gen level. Then You delete the empty level.
3. I know is full of bugs and the worst was discovered by Hans.
It appear don't like the very regular shapes and fail.
When I make it I've tested on relatively complex shapes considering, on regular shape to work implicitly. I'm wrong!
Unfortunately, after ~6 month of work 10~12 h/day to this, I need a break.
4. This approach seems to be also a dead way.
Probably I need to learn python to convert Polyskel library or bpypolyskel with which maybe I don't need to reinvent the wheel.
Happy New Year to everybody!
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Dec 26, 2021, 6:48:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Hi Dorin,

here, nothing is happening at all, and i have no preview window
[Jan 31, 2022, 2:52:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Hi Dorin, here's a video of what's happening, any idea?

https://screenrec.com/share/Re8dEtCFX0
[Jan 31, 2022, 2:57:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

1. Thanks You try it and share a video.
2. From video I've see few things:
2.1 The plugin work and show some errors (red arrows)
2.2 You use the alpha version; try to use v1.0
3. Also v1.0 will fail in some situations.
4. I work to new version but it took to long for only one man (when solve something I broke other thing and so on)
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Feb 1, 2022, 11:30:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Hi Dorin,

i can't update the alpha version to 1.0 .. when i download the file, it says that plugin is installed but nothing happens.
I can't locate the installation folder to uninstall the plugin because i paid the full version on microsoft store .. any idea?

Emmanuel?
[Feb 6, 2022, 3:27:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Edit: found the installation folder
[Feb 6, 2022, 3:33:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Hi Dorin,

first of all i have to say: you're a great programmer and i really love your "YAUP"s!

You really manage to create a useful plugin here!

can't wait to see more of this plugin, we all know that SH3d is a great tool but suffers of lacks of "architectural" functions,
with a improved side view plugin and and improved roof plugin, and who knows a stairs plugin. SH3d will become an handsome tool!

All of the plugins proves that there is a way to achieve such things

can't wait to see more:

i hope someday we could choose wich type of roofs

in the meantime, i have achieved to some roofs

[Feb 8, 2022, 12:45:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Hi Dorin!

You so cool, with your usefull plagins!!!!

I tried, there are some issues with empty edges (yellow)

Also it could be great to mark somehow basic room sides in order roof to be opened on those

Or, may be, to generate all kind of edges and once, and one can make transparent those edges he doesnt need to show in his case (blue)

[Feb 11, 2022, 2:21:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Wiebenor

United States

Hello, I have a problem where if I try to add a roof to my building, the generate option is grayed out, any idea how to get it to work???
[Feb 12, 2022, 12:56:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Wiebenor

United States

One thing I forgot to mention is that I technically don't need the roof, it's just that for the thing that I am currently working on I would like to have a roof to give it a more complete look in a walkthrough of the outside of the building
[Feb 12, 2022, 12:58:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved