Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4975 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
shanen1495

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
biggrin The ability to create stages or sunken areas (like 70's conversation nooks) not sure if this was already requested...

Hi! I'm fairly new to using this program and I'm using to design my future business. Maybe I haven't figured it out or have looked in the wrong area but, I'd love to have a way to create stages and sunken areas. I'm designing a nightclub/restaurant and can't really progress until I can take care of main building aspects. <3 any tips that I have missed would also be greatly appreciated!
[Sep 11, 2021, 8:59:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: The ability to create stages or sunken areas (like 70's conversation nooks) not sure if this was already requested...

We used to not be able to do this, but a few versions back, Puybaret added floor levels (layers) so you can have differently elevated floors. It's not ideal, but layers answers many other problems as well.

I have a living room which is 1' below the main level. I created this as its own "level" (yes, it's on the Main floor in my drawing, annoying but at least it works), and used a 6" step as a transition.

If you've already added floors, double-click on the floor tab to move it higher, and make your new sunken floor less than the existing floor.

Someday all this will be streamlined so one click opens the "Floor Manager" dialog, but for now, this is how you can make it work.
[Sep 13, 2021, 3:17:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved