Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1518 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
jimothyhuang

New Zealand
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Exterior render is being rendered without ceiling + ambient is too strong

Hey guys,

This image is being rendered as if there is no roof/ceiling for the house, which is not very realistic. I have checked the "show ceiling" option for each room, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, some part of the render is overexposed with little/no light added. I could reduce the strength of the sun by changing the time. but it also changes the position as well. Is it any way to adjust the position and strength individually?

Many thanks in advance

Download link for the image:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VQVk5-Yh4csM...WZXDw2DW/view?usp=sharing
[Sep 6, 2021, 1:51:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Exterior render is being rendered without ceiling + ambient is too strong

You could try to adjust the hour and season to ensure the sur is at the top.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 8, 2021, 1:59:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jimothyhuang

New Zealand

You could try to adjust the hour and season to ensure the sur is at the top.

Hey thanks for your reply.

I know you can change the hours, but where do you change the seasons?

So there is no way currently in sweet home 3D to have a house that is not an "open box", but with an invisible ceiling/roof?
[Sep 10, 2021, 10:21:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

You can change the seasons changing the date, and also changing the compass parameters.
To can find some tips for the kind of renderings you want (yours is not bad, yet) in this article.
[Sep 10, 2021, 11:47:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jimothyhuang

New Zealand

Hey thanks for the reply. I have been playing with invisible boxes, and set the import setting for it as staircase.

I draw the box first on the first level and then add level 2 suggested by the article. I then draw a room to add the floor. However, the floor is still visible. Any ideas?
[Sep 18, 2021, 11:34:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Can you send a new picture, explaining what you mean by "the floor is till visible"? Thanks.
[Sep 19, 2021, 11:58:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved