Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3362 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
wharjack

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
3D View with Outline or Stroke just like SketchUp

Hello, I'm going to try to create a plugin. I want to have an option for 3D view to have a Stroke or Outline just like sketch up. Any ideas on this? I have a background on Programming. I just need some tips and I'll handle the rest =D thank you very much
[Aug 9, 2021, 6:29:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: 3D View with Outline or Stroke just like SketchUp

Read this thread. It may help you.

http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,1472
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 9, 2021, 8:17:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Hi and welcome on board!
I don't know whats the purpose of your plugin is or how sketchup work but for this kind of task I use walls in place of stroke.
I use this for my Roof generator plugin (very far to be usable).
PROS: If you intend to make it open source I'm available to help.
CONS: I'm not a programmer.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Aug 9, 2021, 8:18:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wharjack

Hello, I'm sorry for the late reply because I can't find this post. I found it in my profile. Anyway I wanted like this just like the Thread sir hansmex has given me.

http://www.sweethome3d.com/images/forum/SweetHome3DExample3FillAndOutline.png

But the problem is it can't be added in a plugin and it's heavy in resource just sir ziolink32 said in that thread and it can only be used when you change the source code of Sweet Home.

@sir Dorin. I need it because I will use it in anime/webcomis because the 3D Photo created in Sweet Home 3D has no Lines so I needed to trace the edges.

What I wanted to accomplish is when I create photo in 3D View, it will automatically draw lines or outlines so that it will look like 2D Drawings.

Here's the sample I want to accomplish

https://doitbeforeme.com/wp-content/uploads/2...rawing-e1597658513173.jpg
[Aug 25, 2021, 9:31:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You don't need to recompile the program, just read the end of thread #1472.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 25, 2021, 10:15:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wharjack

Hello I got it now and It's working using his method but it's only

this.drawingMode = DrawingMode.OUTLINE;

is there a way where I can use
this.drawingMode = DrawingMode.FILL_AND_OUTLINE; ?

here's the command line that's working for DrawingMode.OUTLINE
java -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.drawingModeEnabled=true -jar ./Desktop/dev-files/SweetHome3D-6.6.jar
[Aug 25, 2021, 4:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wharjack

Hello I managed to do what he instructed in the end of thread#1472. Thank you very much to all of you for replying. Although it didn't do what I want to accomplish but I'm still thankful. This is a good reference for me. Thanks =)

drawingMode='OUTLINE' changed to drawingMode='FILL_AND_OUTLINE' in the XML
[Aug 25, 2021, 4:26:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved