Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
Posts: 28   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11147 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
AlexQ

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Texture turned out different from Texture applied to cabinet.

Hi Hansmex,

Thank you. With your instructions, I'm able to follow.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/absim0bc2l3l7yy/width_height.jpg/file

But when I tried to change the dimension of the wood texture to 600 mm (width) x 800 mm (height) to fit the other cabinet size. But the model doesn't allows it. It defaults to a square dimension.

This appears to affect the color/texture to some extent. Is there any way to overcome this issue?

Thank you for your prompt response.
Alex Quek
[Aug 9, 2021, 3:26:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The image scales automatically to one of the two dimensions you can set. If you want Sam image to exactly fill a surface, the image and surface need to have the same scale, say 3:4, meaning you can fill a surface of 60*40 cm with an image of 600*400 pixels, or 900*600 pixels, etc.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 9, 2021, 3:48:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexQ

Hi Hansmex,

Thank you for your help. But now when I'm trying to apply the texture to another cabinet of a different dimensions, width (60 cm) and height (86 cm), I hit a problem.

As shown in the link of my attempt:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/absim0bc2l3l7yy/width_height.jpg/file

The width and height is somehow controlled such that it always go together to give a square dimension. Yet, the software says that you need to match the sizes to the physical sizes of your actual furniture, cabinet where you want to applied the texture to.

Appreciate your guidance. Thank you

Regards,
Alex Quek
[Aug 10, 2021, 6:15:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I tried to explain this in my previous answer.

If you need to have a perfect fit, you need to re-scale the image in another program, e.g. GIMP, before you import it as a texture.
If you don't, SH3D will use part of the image (if it's too big) or tile the image (if it's too small).

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Aug 10, 2021, 6:52:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexQ

Thank you Hansmex,

Sorry, I didn't realized I had to re-scale the image in a separate program to change the texture size. This wood5 texture image is created with Photoshop. May I know if I can use Photoshop to do the re-scaling? Thank you for your prompt reply.

Regards,
Alex Quek
[Aug 10, 2021, 1:13:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexQ

Hi Hansmex,

I'm OK with GIMP as it's an open-sourced software.

However, should I need to modify a 3D Models of a piece of furniture eg cabinet to remove the handle on it's door, what software would you recommend for a newbie?

Thank you.
Alex Quek
[Aug 18, 2021, 4:43:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You could try Art Of Illusion or Blender. Both programs are able to import OBJ files.
Blender is probably harder to learn but provides more features and handles very well OBJ format.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 18, 2021, 1:15:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexQ

Hi Puybaret,

Thanks for your reply regarding modifying furnitures

Instead of learning how to modify a 3D Model of a cabinet which will take me months. I look for an easier way out.

I found a 3D Model of a cabinet which fits my requirement. The cabinet called "UpperCabinet" is displayed in SH3D and you can access from the link below:

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/file/9o6cyzr9a1wfart/KitchenDesign101.sh3d/file[/url]

When I change the texture from the original American_oak to wood texture #5 (i.e. wood 5). The color turns out different. If you look at the left or right side of the object, the wood pattern is distorted...even for the front view...the difference is quite stark!

Appreciate your guide on this. Thank you

Alex Quek
[Aug 19, 2021, 4:47:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexQ

Hi Puybaret,

I just imported a wood texture wood7.jpg using the "import texture library.." in SH3D.

Following message appeared on computer screen:

In case you are not able to see the message. It reads: Textures library "wood-7.jpg" was successfully imported. New and updated textures can be found in textures catalog. OK.

I couldn't locate the textures catalog. Can you kindly let me know how I can find this textures catalog
so that I can use the newly imported wood-7 texture.

Thank you. Alex Quek
[Aug 24, 2021, 2:50:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

When you apply a texture, the texture dialog appears, showing all available textures, as well as the option to import a new texture.

Have you considered reading the User Guide or using the built-in Help function?

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Aug 24, 2021, 2:55:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 28   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved