Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2333 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Rolfi2

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to correct room length?

Hi,

I finished walls and a room according to the blueprint.

Later we measured the length and width of the room in reality and found differences.

When I try to correct the room parameters, the walls do not change.And it is not easy to do it by mouse.

Is there any simple way to adjust the plan to real data?

I need guidance on the easiest way to change the plan.

Best regards
[Aug 5, 2021, 2:17:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How to correct room length?

Welcome,
Maybe this video will give you some ideas.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 6, 2021, 7:58:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Rolfi2

Germany

@Puybaret

Thank you very much! That was exactly what I was looking for.
[Aug 7, 2021, 9:23:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PhiLho

France

Strange answer…

Personal pet peeve: I dislike when a tutorial is video only…
I know that lot of people prefer to watch videos for tutorials, and it can be useful for some complex softwares, but I find it time consuming: I would spend less time reading an article with the same information and screenshots, and it would be easier to find back an information. Here, you have to stop the video, to fumble with the index to find back where something were presented, etc. But it is just my personal preference.

And "strange", in the sense it proceed with the inverse of the advice given in the (written!) tutorial which explains to make walls before rooms…
And "strange" again because, unless I missed something, the tutorial explains how to create rooms, not how to correct / change dimensions of a room. So I don't understand why the OP is happy with this answer.

That said, the tutorial is still rather interesting, and shows that SH3D is powerful and easy to work with, thanks to its smart managements (automatic merging of walls, etc.).

The first time I used SH3D, I made the rooms, but I didn't know the trick of manual entering dimensions, and I ended with rooms a bit wonky, as I adjusted some dimensions. I am still not sure how to translate a side of a room without having to move both corners at exactly the same distance.
I remade my plan, making the walls first, then making the rooms with double-click inside them. It works rather well, and takes in account the doors (the "smart" side of SH3D).

But except for the exterior walls, draw from a "plan de cadastre", so of accurate dimensions, I made the interior walls from memory and guessing… I plan to go there and to make more accurate measures, so I probably have to move a wall here and there, between two rooms.

But if I move a wall, the rooms remain in place. And as I said, it is hard to adjust them.
The workaround is to delete both rooms and recreate them, but then, we have to apply again the textures, etc.
[Sep 16, 2021, 1:39:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved