Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9591 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
thompsdw

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Very Basic Electrical Symbols

I have finished my structural plan and now I need to do an electrical plan so I can get bids. I have googled, followed threads in this forum and I can find more advanced stuff but no basic. I just needs lights, switches, receptacles, and a wiring connector tool.

Is SH3D not setup for this? Other suggestions? I used to have a home arc tool years ago that was very simple to use to do this, but no more. Any links or tips would be appreciated.
[Jul 31, 2021, 3:10:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Very Basic Electrical Symbols

Maybe you could try the 2D symbols contributed by Dorin proposed at this page, and draw wires with polylines creation tool.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 2, 2021, 7:41:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thompsdw

Yep, it still doesn't have the typical symbols. I guess I am coming to the conclusion that SH3D is not the right software program to do electrical diagrams. Any suggestions on another tool?
[Aug 4, 2021, 3:01:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Pelmenik

New Zealand

Hi, I find that SH3D is home design software and it is great for what it is designed to do. I use it as a hobby and it is great to try different builds.
However, I find that it is too cumbersome to try and complete a wiring schematic for a building using SH3D. Instead, though I place some items e.g airconditioning, I complete all the wiring design for a building using an electrical CAD program. A google search will turn up free programs which can be tried and can be used in association with a build.
[Aug 19, 2021, 10:07:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved