Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2873 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
paepcke

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Change 'Size' Direction of Arrow in Selected-Object Popup Control

After selecting an object, its highlighted shape shows controls at its edges, such as rotation, resizing, and an arrow to change one dimension's size.

I would like to change the size that the arrow control modifies. Sometimes I want that to be the width, other times the depth, elevation, etc. Can I control which size the arrow controls?

Same for the rotations. There are (often) two of those. I *think* those are always 'Z', plus whichever axis is selected in the furniture modification window?

This program has made me happy for almost a week now, building my house.
[Jul 21, 2021, 7:26:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Change 'Size' Direction of Arrow in Selected-Object Popup Control

When the shift key is pressed while resizing a piece of furniture, the piece is proportionally resized along all dimensions.
When the Ctrl key (option / alt key under macOS) is pressed while resizing a piece of furniture, the piece is resized along X or Y.

Rotating a piece around a horizontal axis must be initiated from the Furniture modification dialog, then its height indicator is replaced by a rotation indicator which lets you change the rotation angle.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 21, 2021, 8:30:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved