Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5137 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
DerekvG

Belgium
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Wooden walls

Hello,
I'm looking for a library of walls floors and roofs in wood

i mean a wooden frame, plywood panel exterior, damp/moistures screen, plaster sheating, beams, posts, columns, joists, trusses, rafters, girders etc

Especially the wood-frame walls are important, such that i don't have to build every frame wall with boxes representing beams
[Jul 5, 2021, 5:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
reddy.shyam

Re: Wooden walls

Hi Derekvg,

How about walls with wooden texture?
[Jul 6, 2021, 11:09:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DerekvG

Belgium

Hi Reddy

How about walls with wooden texture?

Thanks for your suggestion
That was not the objective of my question, I might be asking too much level of detail and the when i speak of a wooden-frame wall it looks somewhat like this example of wooden wall

I could build the frames with boxes then add the panelling and then put a wall panel in my design, however that would be like furniture and the wall panel would not react like a wall so that you can put doors and windows in it.
[Jul 6, 2021, 6:01:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You could add many thin walls side by side, but I don't think it's worth it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 7, 2021, 2:23:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DerekvG

Belgium

Thanks,
You could add many thin walls side by side, but I don't think it's worth it.

I understand , I'll use plain walls of the correct total width with woodpanel texture

I was asking for too much detail I will need to design my walls otherwise
[Jul 7, 2021, 4:54:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lspatricio

In making wall frames etc, I use the dimensional lumber library from this blog post

http://www.sweethome3d.com/blog/2017/12/08/ad...ntributors_libraries.html

Author has standard sized lumber and frames and plywoods etc.

Moreover there's plumbing items library among others.

Maybe you could check it out and see if you find something helpful to you.
[Jul 12, 2021, 3:12:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved